• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aktiv Kapital Court Claim!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aktiv Kapital Court Claim!!!

Hi Folks,
    I am new here and in need of some help.
    I received a court claim from Aktiv Kapital on the 28th March for a debt I had for an MBNA credit card. I filled for an extension of 14 days with the court and sent a letter to Wright Hassall, the solicitors acting for AK, casking them to provide me with the original signed CCA, I used a template letter from Martin Lewis website. The solicitors responded clarifying they received the letter on April 15th. Yesterday I got a photocopy of a CCA with no signature and a couple of statements showing me paying £1 to the account in 2010. I have tried to log back onto the MCOL site but can not get back on to check the situation with the claim. Could anyone please help me with what steps I am to do next as I can do not know what to do.
    Many many thanks in advance of theose who help!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Aktiv Kapital Court Claim!!!

Hi and welcome

Did you submit a defence? What did you use in your defence? Did you say it was statute barred?

The £1 payment in 2010 could have been the fee for a CCA request if you sent one back then. When was the last time you think you actually made a payment?

We need a bit more info about what's been happening in the past couple of months, between April 15th and now. :typing:

Comment

I did file for an extension to submit a defence and sent the CCA request to AK. Since then nothing has happened until Tuesday when I received a poor photocopy of a CCA, which does not have my signiture on, and a couple of letters and statements. The solicitors claim the agrrement was done online and thus is not signed and because of a payment to the account in 2010 they claim it can not be SB.

Comment

On this account have you previously sent a CCA request ? (ie in 2010)

Could you post up any defence you entered, and if you possibly can the original particular of claim, and scans/photos of the agreements and terms they have sent you.

Then hopefully we'll be able to give you a hand with the next steps.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Bazton View Post
          Hi Folks,
          I am new here and in need of some help.
          I received a court claim from Aktiv Kapital on the 28th March for a debt I had for an MBNA credit card. I filled for an extension of 14 days with the court and sent a letter to Wright Hassall, the solicitors acting for AK, casking them to provide me with the original signed CCA, I used a template letter from Martin Lewis website. The solicitors responded clarifying they received the letter on April 15th. Yesterday I got a photocopy of a CCA with no signature and a couple of statements showing me paying £1 to the account in 2010. I have tried to log back onto the MCOL site but can not get back on to check the situation with the claim. Could anyone please help me with what steps I am to do next as I can do not know what to do.
          Many many thanks in advance of theose who help!!!!
          What year did you get this card.:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by Bazton View Post
            I did file for an extension to submit a defence and sent the CCA request to AK. Since then nothing has happened until Tuesday when I received a poor photocopy of a CCA, which does not have my signiture on, and a couple of letters and statements. The solicitors claim the agrrement was done online and thus is not signed and because of a payment to the account in 2010 they claim it can not be SB.
            When did you apply for the card? If it was before 2005, they should have sent you a copy of your agreement for you to sign. From Jan 2005 onwards, a tick box is as good as a signature for online applications. :typing:

Was this originally an MBNA card or was it issued by another company, and later bought by MBNA?

When did you stop making payments?

Comment

Hi,
              Sorry I have not been back on for a while I have been away working and forgot my log in details. I got a letter from Wright-Hassel the solicitors acting for Aktiv Kapital stating that I have 7 days to submit a defence of they will apply for a judgement. The information the sent me was a print out of an application form which was in about 2pt font and only ledgeable under a microscope. The £1 credit to the account I believe was a token payment (2010). Do I simply fill in the forms that came from the court showing my income and expenditure and ask for the hearing to be in the local court. Can their claim still be valid as they took 2 months to send me the CCA request and all other paperwork.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X