• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

For Those Waiting for ATOS Assessments.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Waiting for ATOS Assessments.....

For those who, like myself, are waiting long periods of time for assessments by ATOS, this YouTube video might provide you with some light relief - or satisfaction - of Margaret Hodge MP giving an ATOS manager a hard time before a House of Commons Select Committee -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6LPzNljqo
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.
    Tags: None

Re: For Those Waiting for ATOS Assessments.....

un-be-:censored:-lievable, BB! x

Comment

At least Margaret Hodge wouldn't let the ATOS manager obfuscate and waffle. I must admit that I did derive some sadistic pleasure watching the video.

Comment

I don't understand why ATOS isn't being vigorously pursued for corporate fraud. That woman was blatantly lying and unable to conceal the equally blatant lies in the original tender. Reminded me of Bill Clinton's "Depends what the meaning of the word "Is" is"

Comment

And as if being savaged by Margaret Hodge wasn't bad enough, The London Standard lets the cat out of the bag as to how much ATOS had to pay the government when they lost their contract to do Work Capability and other assessments -

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...internalSearch

Comment

As disgusted as we all are with ATOS we do not know who will take on the contract Capita? Serco? or some other honest reputable bunch of shysters no doubt using the same Medical Professionals.

Comment

Capita are taking on the contract for PIP, provided, that is, there is not a General Election before May 2015 or the government are seriously wrong-footed about their dodgy dealings.

Comment

That's really good news then! No change then wait for next lot of complaints

Comment

And as if the DWP didn't need to be reminded, this appeared in today's Independent -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-9550115.html

Comment

Just saw this , I remember watching this on BBC Parliament, i had the unpleasant experience on Monday of attending an ESA WCA , that's 10 months after my start date ! the waiting room was toxic, ppl on crutches, walking aids turned away because of health and safety regs in the event of a fire, I am assuming atos/maximus are getting paid for every appointment , and then every appt re booked? needless to say , i decided there and then I was not going to pursue my esa claim , its fine for GP and Consultants to say , you can not work with this condition , they don't have to jump through hoops of fire and stiff revolving doors , nope , nope sod it , life is tough as it is , looking after OH , im going back on carers allowance and re think what I can do...not what i cant do. A toxic not fit for purpose system , has now got a whole lot more toxic and worse with this shower back in gov and no coalition to stop them.

Comment

Sorry about your experience but can only add you are far from alone on that.
                      I note you were/are a carer and I hope as a carer you are getting all you are entitled to money and help wise.
                      There is lots of help now for carers out there especially now the welfare reforms are really hitting home.
                      The link under my post for Carers Uk is a good place to start for info and help, good luck.
                      Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                        Sorry about your experience but can only add you are far from alone on that.
                        I note you were/are a carer and I hope as a carer you are getting all you are entitled to money and help wise.
                        There is lots of help now for carers out there especially now the welfare reforms are really hitting home.
                        The link under my post for Carers Uk is a good place to start for info and help, good luck.
                        Enaid x
                        Hi Enaid

I think it only right to update you on this , and I would not want to discourage anyone , especially carers , who are struggling with work caring and their own health issues , to claim an entitlement to financial support .

i did receive my decision , and i have been awarded ESA and placed in the support group!! i was gob smacked! finally ! for 18 months at least , I am relieved from the pressure to seek employment , deal with my health and continue caring for OH health and illness. So if any carers are reading this , don't be put off by my previous post , yes it is toxic and ppl are being treated terribly, but if your health is deteriorating, go for it. truth will out. 20 years caring has done its job on me. hands up , its been rubbish..

As a carer being on esa does not give you extra money if your OH is on esa income related, but for me, in the event of a long hospital stay 4 weeks plus or his death , i will not be faced with hoops of fire ..the process has taken 10 months. 7 months longer than it should have.

Comment

Thanks so much for the update, I am really pleased you seem to have the result you are satisfied with. Not always the best result but if it eases your mind and helps with any worries you may have had then that's enough.
                          Once again thanks Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X