• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Number of legal executives likely to grow 17% in next decade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of legal executives likely to grow 17% in next decade

IPPR predicts increase three times faster than employment generally The Law Society’s Gazette reports the findings of a report from the Institute of Public Policy Research which states that the number of legal executives and paralegals is likely to increase by 17% over the next decade. This rate is said to be three times faster […]

More...
    Tags: None

Re: Number of legal executives likely to grow 17% in next decade

Lawyers on the cheap, doctors with shortened medical degrees ... all to make up the numbers, so the politicians can go to the electorate and say 'Look what we've done ...'.

At university, I stood in the queue behind a girl registering to do an LLB. In her hand, she had her O Level and A Level certificates. Needless to say, I read them. Every single subject was a fail. Including English.

I left at the end of the first term and went elsewhere.

Comment

Personally I have no problem with this as long as there is proper supervision and all the indemnities are in place. If it provides a more cost effective and accessible service for the client all well and good.

The slightly worrying thing is the indication that more people are taking there disputes "to law" when there are other avenues, and that some unscrupulous operators may take advantage by encouraging fatuous claims.

Unfortunately as in any growth area you will get some who try and cash in.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
        Personally I have no problem with this as long as there is proper supervision and all the indemnities are in place. If it provides a more cost effective and accessible service for the client all well and good.

The slightly worrying thing is the indication that more people are taking there disputes "to law" when there are other avenues, and that some unscrupulous operators may take advantage by encouraging fatuous claims.

Unfortunately as in any growth area you will get some who try and cash in.
        I agree with you, Andy

As long as paralegals and legal executives are properly regulated and working under the umbrella of a kosher law practice with the proper indemnities in place it must be more cost effective and to the clients advantage. Trainee solicitors (properly supervised according to Law Society rules) also can be a cost effective option.

What is worrying - and the dangers are perhaps not widely appreciated - is the growing number of websites and individuals offering quasi legal services on a paid basis without those protections in place.

It's one thing to have a resource (such as LB) which offers varying opinions with a view to self-help - including the option to engage bona fide professionals - and quite another to offer "legal" services without the client protection that a professional practice affords.

Even if very confident in one's case, many of us need to relinquish the stress of it all and put ourselves in the hands of a professional - in which case it has to be someone we can trust absolutely and from whom we would have some redress if they should (heaven forbid) make a ghastly mistake...

PT has put this much better on his blog:

http://consumercreditlitigationandde...-legal-advice/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X