• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Petition our MP's re MCOL and CCA claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition our MP's re MCOL and CCA claims

Hi all,

what do we all think about petitioning our MP's regards a change in the law to stop CCA claims being issued via MCOL?

I'm aware there are already a variety of claims types that cannot be issued online, but believe that CCA debts should receive the same protection - their is also a clear argument this will cut the number of dud CCA claims clogging up the courts as once the DCA's etc realise they have to attached credit agreements, etc, etc to their claim then this is bound to reduce their enthusiasm for issuing?
    Tags: None

Re: Petition our MP's re MCOL and CCA claims

Such a petition would have my support. Any measure that curbs the abuse of the courts and legal system by banks, credit and finance companies and debt collection agencies can only be for the good.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Set it up I for one will give my vote

Comment

Well

I was going to go for us each writing to our MPs individually?

The gov UK petition site would really be a waste of time due to the 100k signature requirements

Comment

Problem is it would also massively increase the costs of issuing such claims, for the creditor / dca, solicitors and for the courts system to deal with them - those costs would be passed on to consumers. Only 15% of moneyclaims are defended.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The other side of the coin is that something has to be done to curb abuse of the court and legal system by those listed in my earlier post. They have been getting away with far too much for far too long and it is long overdue that the consumer should have a level playing field, something they do not have at present due to vested interests buying influence at parliamentary level through lobbyists. And I do not subscribe to the statement "It's always been like that." It should never have been allowed to get like that in the first place and the ones who should shoulder the blame for that is the politicians for allowing themselves to be compromised by the bankers and the City of London.

38 degress is running a campaign to bring in a law to enable MPs to be recalled and a by-election called to replace them. Denmark already has such a law. The current coalition has arrogantly responded they will allow such law, but with them deciding whether to recall an MP. Excuse me... this is supposed to be a democracy, not an oligarchy. The electors are the ones who call the shots, not arrogant MPs or vested interests. Give MPs and vested interests the shock and kick in the pants they need and support the 38 degrees' campaign to put power back into the hands of the people.

Comment

I don't think the costs to the court argument would stand Ame, it could clearly be shown that the number of discontinued cases by the various DCA's where someone actually robustly defends a MCOL claim mean its likely that if they had to issue a claim with the agreement etc attached, they wouldn't bother.

Comment

Bryan Carter would have to seek allternative employment

Comment

Think the only realistic option might be some change to CPR to remove, or at least amend, that exemption for MCOL/CCBC claims?

Nowadays, should be no problem attaching documents electronically.

Even that is unlikely I would think. Too many vested interests.

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                    Bryan Carter would have to seek allternative employment
                    He could resurrect the nescafe handshake quite easily, i'm sure.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                      "nescafe handshake" you have me confusedf

Comment

Gareth hunt used to do it in the Nescafe ads. You're obviously not at least 40.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...fe%20Handshake

M1

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2i09LZT2ao
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYLjF52q_Qs

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                              No. That's an indication of what he is. :grin:
                              Last edited by bluebottle; 8th June 2014, 23:16:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X