• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard Unfair Credit Card Charges reclaim rejected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Unfair Credit Card Charges reclaim rejected

Today I received in which looks like usual fob off letter from barclaycard rejecting my initial claim for unfair charges totalling over £240.

All my charges were for £20 and a one-off charge of £40.

In their letter they state that their charges of £12 are in line with their actual and estimated costs etc and are printed on back of statements each month.

What next - do I reply mentioning the above statement and what I have been charged ?

Thanks for any help
    Tags: None

Re: Barclaycard Unfair Credit Card Charges reclaim rejected

Just to update on situation - I sent a reply to Barclaycard's previous response disagreeing with their findings.

I have today received a reply stating that they now agree that my statements show incurred charge amounts of £20.00 and £40.00 but as they are more than 6 years old from my complaint, they are not obliged to consider redress of default charges. They also state that they would only look back to April 2008 when charges were £12.

Has anyone else received the usual FOB off letter and if so what next ?

Thank-you

Comment

mmmm limitations will kick in now on credit card charges. The limitations date runs from 2006 really (ie so within 6 years of 2006 you could reclaim back to 2000). So if your charges were in 2008 and you haven't tried to reclaim them until 2014 you will be out of time for charges incurred pre 2008.

The should though have stopped charging £20 odd charges in 2006 when the OFT stomped on them and they all reduced them down to £12. So were your £20 odd charges before 2006 ?

( I think I've made that sound more complicated than it needs to be sorry)
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        mmmm limitations will kick in now on credit card charges. The limitations date runs from 2006 really (ie so within 6 years of 2006 you could reclaim back to 2000). So if your charges were in 2008 and you haven't tried to reclaim them until 2014 you will be out of time for charges incurred pre 2008.

The should though have stopped charging £20 odd charges in 2006 when the OFT stomped on them and they all reduced them down to £12. So were your £20 odd charges before 2006 ?

( I think I've made that sound more complicated than it needs to be sorry)
        Thanks for your reply Amethyst.

No you have not made it sound complicated lol but I am now confused regarding time barring. I believed it was 6 years from discovery of complaint ?

These charges only recently came to my notice due to PPI enquiry and receipt of some old 2005 - 2006 statements.

So that's that then ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X