• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charge off from HFC help required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge off from HFC help required

I have recently tried to borrow on my mortgsge and have been told I now have adverse credit. Equifax showed me I have a charge off relating to an old tv hp that I had with currys.
    in 2008 I took it out and paid it on time .
    in 2009 i moved address - redirected post using post office and changed all known accounts - regretfully forgot to inform currys!
    in 2012 I changed all bank accounts using switch service and the direct debit was not transferred and I didn't notice! I paid dd in March 12 then didn't pay the final 4 months at £10.85 per month. And didn't notice !

the credit company hfc have assured me that they will not remove the charge off but I can pay the balance of £56 to show a nil balance!
    what can I do?? Is it worth paying a solicitor to write for me as I can't have £56 mistakenly not paid ruining my life in this way
    thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Charge off from HFC help required

Hi Samcol

Try not to worry. This isn't so bad and someone who knows their stuff will be along soon to guide you through it

Comment

Thanks
      i do just want to add that my credit record other than this is near perfect - have loans mortgages hire purchase etc all paid up to date - this is very unusual on my credit record

Comment

The beagles who I know will help you are not on line at the moment, Samcol - so post up as much info as you think will help them help you then put your feet up for a bit X

Comment

Hi

If you can't sweet talk HFC you may be able to take it up with the switch service you used to move your DD's over to your new account, I'm not sure what guarantees they give you or are bound by but it might be worth looking into.

(I would get it paid up now regardless as if it is just sat there it may be passing around DCA's and attract charges/interest further issues down the line etc)

Sharon
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
            i have already spoken to both the banks involved in the switch and they Don't hold any info going this far back of all the direct debits transferred over so no help there
            i was going to pay it however when I googled it seemed to imply that I should,use the payment as a bargaining tool to get the credit removed - even though £56 isn't much to bargain with - also I have read that it can be worse if I settle it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X