• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Data Protection Act 1998

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Protection Act 1998

Sorry trying to locate on ICO website where it states that consumer credit data may be kept for up to six years and then disposed of.

Can anybody help please ?

thanks

Bazza
    Tags: None

Re: Data Protection Act 1998

Are you talking about on credit files? Or more generally?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
      Are you talking about on credit files? Or more generally?
      More generally regarding recent SAR

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
        More generally regarding recent SAR
        Sorry forgot to add I am trying to request a copy of an agreed loan application from a broker re PPI and they are saying its been disposed of, as consumer credit data only needs to be kept for up to six years.

Comment

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/top...ting_your_data

Read the above and ask the broker to confirm this.......if he can't he's (the broker) is in a spot of bother.

Sparkie
          Last edited by Sparkie1723; 2nd June 2014, 23:37:PM.

Comment

Sorry trying to locate on ICO website where it states that consumer credit data may be kept for up to six years and then disposed of.

Can anybody help please ?

thanks

Bazza

Agreed industry practices

How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. For example, we have agreed that credit reference agencies are permitted to keep consumer credit data for six years.

http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/...ds/principle_5

Comment

DUPLICATE - Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post

Agreed industry practices

How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. For example, we have agreed that credit reference agencies are permitted to keep consumer credit data for six years.

http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/...ds/principle_5
                Seems to be the industry standard that all companies in the credit/finance industry goes by too (including brokers) The ICO actually states that data should not be keep for longer then deemed necessary. 6 years is the time frame for defaults to drop off your credit file and 6 years is the time frame under statue of limitations too.
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                  http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/top...ting_your_data

Read the above and ask the broker to confirm this.......if he can't he's (the broker) is in a spot of bother.

Sparkie
                  Cheers Sparkie,

Exactly where I am coming from. Never received signed agreed application details with PPI added from broker (long story lol) in which I have been requesting on numerous occasions, as were not amongst SAR details sent.

To cut a long story short, original loan application was refused with another broker but passed onto them and then the lender (Welcome) sent out documentation to be signed with the PPI single premium added on the basis that it would be successful.

Just keep getting fobbed off by them saying that only details that they have are internal commission / brokerage sheets between them and Welcome.

I will go back again with the above and see what they say

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X