• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice for a friend - CCJ not showing up anywhere?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for a friend - CCJ not showing up anywhere?

This really ins't for me. However over the last few months I have become a bit obsessed with my case and reading up on the county court etc...

My friend has asked me a question. He got a CCJ against him. He didn't go to court so it was given by default. He then applied to have it set aside... And again didn't go to court (I know you are thinking he is a plonker). His logic is that he thought he was going to lose and couldn't afford the several thousand pounds at this point.

Again he got the CCJ back. However he never heard anything more... As in no letters from the organisation... No chase up for the money and no baliffs. He decided to forget about it and wait for the 6 years to be up.

However 2 years later, he has done an experian check and there is no ccj. He asked me why? I've got him to check the registry trust and again no ccj...

So whats happened? Why hasn't he got one? He wants to know if he has got away with it? This was not a lowell type organisation, but is a big institution.

I can only assume that the organisation did not register it... Can they do that? Why would they do that?

P.S. He's asked for my advice - so I don't want to say too much incase it ends up biting him in the backside!
    Tags: None

Re: Advice for a friend - CCJ not showing up anywhere?

CCJ's don't go statute barred, all that happens is that if no enforcement action is taken within 6 years is the creditor has to apply to the court to enforce. If there is really nothing on the Registry Trust and nothing on his credit file then he might be able to sit it out. Unless they do bring an action I wouldn't rock the boat. Though if the CCJ was given it won't just vanish so depends really if it is playing on his mind and he wants to get it sorted or he's happy just doing a wait and see.

It may be that something went awry during the set aside process, have you seen copies of his documents saying he has judgment against him? Did he actually have a hearing that he didn't go to?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Advice for a friend - CCJ not showing up anywhere?

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      CCJ's don't go statute barred, all that happens is that if no enforcement action is taken within 6 years is the creditor has to apply to the court to enforce. If there is really nothing on the Registry Trust and nothing on his credit file then he might be able to sit it out. Unless they do bring an action I wouldn't rock the boat. Though if the CCJ was given it won't just vanish so depends really if it is playing on his mind and he wants to get it sorted or he's happy just doing a wait and see.

It may be that something went awry during the set aside process, have you seen copies of his documents saying he has judgment against him? Did he actually have a hearing that he didn't go to?
      I was in the army with him. Top top bloke - but a complete liability when it comes to admin.

He certainly won't be losing sleep over it. As far as he is concerned if its not on there is means he's more likely to get a new car so thats great. He only checked his credit file because his new partner did it for him.

He did have a hearing. But that was to have it set aside. I only know because I had to lend him a suit! But he never went to the rehearing if that makes sense. He claims he got the times mixed up - but in reality he couldnt be bothered.

As I said top top guy - just a bit of an idiot when it comes to organising things. All paperwork will have been thrown away by now. But I do remember him showing it to us blokes as we lived in the block with him (which means it was probably closer to 3 years ago).

I'll advise him to let it go and forget about it then.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X