• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cca request post Comments claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cca request post Comments claim

Simple question
    If a dca files a claim and the defendant requests a copy of the agreement under section 78

Is the claimant able to continue the claim whilst in default of the request

Only me
    Tags: None

Re: Cca request post Comments claim

a chance request ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ahhh you edited it, autocorrect I'm guessing xx

The claimant can continue the claim whilst in default of the CCA request but the defendant can argue that whilst the default continues the claimant is unable to enforce (get judgment) on the debt.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by ohitsonlyme View Post
        Simple question
        If a dca files a claim and the defendant requests a copy of the agreement under section 78

Is the claimant able to continue the claim whilst in default of the request

Only me
        Yes it has been decided in case law that "enforcement" means actuality enforcing the agreement and not the steps required to take the claim to court.

However none complyance with the request will(should) result in the claim(enforcement) being unsuccessful
        Last edited by andy58; 31st May 2014, 16:30:PM.

Comment

Where I am going with this is: Lowell are in default of my recent request and they redirected the registered letter to ???? I dont know where!!
          I have today filed a defence to a recent claim with them in default of my cca request, can I apply for a strike out or do I have to follow along with the claim and wait for disclosure

only me

Comment

Is is also worth sending a DSAR to the OC in order to find out what they really had?? or didnt?

only me

Comment

Where I am going with this is: Lowell are in default of my recent request and they redirected the registered letter to ???? I dont know where!!
              I have today filed a defence to a recent claim with them in default of my cca request, can I apply for a strike out or do I have to follow along with the claim and wait for disclosure

only me

After filing your defence they have 28 days to respond whether they intend to continue and the court will allocate the claim to a track, and a court, and possibly make an order for disclosure/inspection off the back of your defence. If you or the court hear nothing in that time period you could possibly consider applying to strike out the claim (else it ends up stayed and in limbo until they come up with the docs and want to proceed)
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Is is also worth sending a DSAR to the OC in order to find out what they really had?? or didnt?

only me
                You could do, but bear in mind they do have 40 days to comply - this still might return something before any court hearing / disclosure period is past. Sometimes they are quicker and sometimes they claim problems obtaining information held that is over 6 years old. If you did send the SAR and get copies of agreements etc in return then you would have to disclose that you have these.

I think you read Scigal's thread over the last couple days - her's is a capital one card as well and they have managed to dig up the signed application/agreement from 2001 as well as all transaction lists etc on the account.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  You could do, but bear in mind they do have 40 days to comply - this still might return something before any court hearing / disclosure period is past. Sometimes they are quicker and sometimes they claim problems obtaining information held that is over 6 years old. If you did send the SAR and get copies of agreements etc in return then you would have to disclose that you have these.

I think you read Scigal's thread over the last couple days - her's is a capital one card as well and they have managed to dig up the signed application/agreement from 2001 as well as all transaction lists etc on the account.
                  I think you read Scigal's thread over the last couple days You are on the ball Amethyst!!

Im beginning to like this LB!!

I dont want to mix or have multiple threads but I think y other one got a bit lost!

Whats the best way to pull this all together??

Was the V9 Recon supplied by crap one enforceable??

only me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X