• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kafka v Yorkshire Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kafka v Yorkshire Bank

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Is it same as Claires/Sue's ? If not then yes please.
    A few minor variations, but I don't see anything significant.

Comment

Cool. Assume you are going back in with Stephen's defence to strike out appl ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well I've not heard from the Court yet and they had not logged receipt but said the decision would be made on merit by a judge. They advised to wait till I hear.

Comment

I'd get in before then tbh. If you can get submissions in against the banks application before the judge looks at it he might not go the route of other courts and strike out ex parte. Also it would mean no requirement to pay the £75 to set aside any strike to defend the application.

I dont think u want the full PCF submissions, just a letter to the Judge to say that you are aware the banks applied for strike, you would like the opportunity to defend that application.

He'll probably come back and say you have to apply for amended parts and pay the £75 anyway but at least then he should consider the strike appl outside of the standard 'bank charges dealt with by supreme court so strike it out' thought process.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Here is the set of documents that came with the strikeout application.

Comment

and the last ones

Comment

Go on then, you'll have to point out the subtle differences.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I am trying to identify the YB solicitors who have signed defence statements to the effect that the charges were genuine costs/pre-estimates.

Mine above was signed by Lyndsey Margaret Cullen and I would be pleased to hear if she still works there, where she is based and whether others have received defences signed by her in the same way.

I'd also like to know of any other examples of solicitors signing these defences at any time.

Many thanks

Comment

This link for Scottish Law Society gives contact details for Lyndsey Cullen

http://www.lawsocietyofscotland.org....e-f3a1cad7b8aa

This link just seems to take you to the search facility, but it shows L Cullen as being with NAB, St Vincent's Place
                    Last edited by CYNthesys; 13th February 2010, 14:10:PM.

Comment

Have received this from Cardiff today. As many Welsh claims for bank charges were dumped in Cardiff, I suspect that everyone in Wales with a stayed YB claim had one of these for breakfast. At least they have offered a chance to resubmit, which I did not expect based on general performance at Cardiff regarding penalties.

Comment

It think it's a bit tacky of a court to quote what is case law from the Supreme Court 'press release' and ignore the judgment itself.

Especially when the press release specifically states that ''It does not form part of the reasons for the decision. The full judgment of the Court is the only authoritative document.''

Comment

I agree, but its par for the course I think. This is a government agency that seems to be bereft of strategic leadership and where so many of the incumbents have indicated by their actions that they want nothing more than to get shot of the problem of charges claims. There seems to be no effective control machanism over them unless an individual has the money to take them on and risk losing a fortune.

Comment

test
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X