• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed lowell and a county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed lowell and a county court claim

Hi all sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area
    I have tried looking at the forum and my heads in a spin. Yesterday I received a N1CPC dated 23/5/14 from lowell, a debt from lloyds for £1056.32 I have done an acknowledgement of service
    I have no idea what to do now as far as I knew my bank account was closed mid 2007 due to a dispute of bank charges and I opened a new account with a different bank.
    I have been homeless for several years and now have a council bungalow, I am registered blind, and before the bungalow I was been living with various friends around the country.
    This is the first I knew about the debt as I thought it was sorted. I have looked at noddle and experia, experia give a little bit more info but I can only do basic screenshots and no editing as I only have an iPhone, and my eyes limit what I can do.
    I just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of what to do next please
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed lowell and a county court claim

Hi Sirius,

Welcome to the forum, you have posted in the right place Sorry to hear you have had a tough time of things, sounds like you are getting sorted now, and don't need the stress of a court claim.

You have done the right thing in acknowledging service of the claim form as that gives you a little while longer to sort out what this debt is and whether it is actually owing,

So this sounds like it might be an overdraft and also sounds as though it might be statute barred by virtue of the limitations act section 5 in that last payment/acknowledgement was over 6 years ago.

You had a dispute of charges on the account so presumably they have continued adding charges and interest which has built up and left a debt on the account with Lloyds. You should write to Lowells and Lloyds ask them for a breakdown of how the account is made up as you have no knowledge of it.

In addition you should send a CPR 31.14 request to the claimants solicitors - is it B W Legal ? asking for copies of documents disclosed in their claim. Could you type out the particulars of claim from the front of the claim form for me please.

Thank you xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thank you for answering me and yes things are looking up well were till I got this
      Brian carter is the solicitor
      the particulars are
      the claim is for £1056.32 The amount due under an agreement between the original creditor and defendant to provide finance and /or services /or goods

the debt was assigned to / or purchased by lowell portfolio I ltd
      on 03/07/2013 and noticed served pursuant to the law of property act 1925
      particularsr .lloyds A/C sort code account number
      Thank you

Comment

Those particulars of claim are very vague and give hardly any details, although the sort code and account number if correct help identify what the debt is, however you still don't know how it is made up.

Send this to Bryan carters

Your name
        Your address
        Your postcode

Date

Claimants name
        Claimants address
        Claimants postcode

Dear Sirs,

Claim Number: XXXXXX

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On xx/xx/xxxx I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 201X.

1. Agreement / Contract
        2. Assignment / Purchase notification
        3. Detail of the Goods / Services / Finance and how the amount claimed has been calculated.

The statement of case appears to be extremely vague.

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Your Name
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi again thank you for that sorry for being thick but what date should I put here "ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 201X." And are there any exampels/template letters to send to lowells/lloyds please thank you x
          ps don't think it will make any difference but at the time I was living in Scotland
          Last edited by Sirius; 31st May 2014, 00:06:AM.

Comment

The current deadline for defence filing.
            If you get an extension agreement, that date will be 28 days later.

Do you mean template defences?
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

On the money claims online I cannot see a date. This is all I can see
              A claim was issued against you on 23/05/2014
              Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 29/05/2014 at 16:09:55
              Your acknowledgment of service was received on 30/05/2014

You had a dispute of charges on the account so presumably they have continued adding charges and interest which has built up and left a debt on the account with Lloyds. You should write to Lowells and Lloyds ask them for a breakdown of how the account is made up as you have no knowledge of it.
              I'm useless my brains in a right muddle I'm so confused :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
              Thank you

Comment

24th June would be your original defence filing date - claim issue date + 5 days for service + 28 days.

If you have heard nothing from this account, for whatever reason, since 2007 it is likely the claim is out of time - under the limitations act action cannot be bought if its been over six years since last acknowledgment / payment. It might be a good idea to ask for transaction lists for the period around when you left the account ... you could ask for these directly from the bank, they might not hold anything as its over six years but might be worth an ask.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I thanks I have done everything you said on Experian the default date is October 2008, I have rang lloyds and they cannot access my account at all they said lowell would have any relevant details. I received this letter this morning I'm not 100% what this means. What should I do now thanks you x

Comment

Could anyone help me with a response to this letter please. I haven't a clue. I lived in Scotland when I had the account and have no records whatsoever since I've moved about 6 times. Thank you x

Comment

Could anyone help me with a response to this letter please. I haven't a clue. I lived in Scotland when I had the account and have no records whatsoever since I've moved about 6 times. Thank you x

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                        It's one of their generic responses, denying everything point blank.

They claim not to have received your AoS, surely you'd have received email confirmation when you submitted it? If so, you could forward that email to them, so they don't get any ideas about requesting default judgment. :juge:

Otherwise there's no need to respond to that letter. Their refusal to co-operate leaves you with two options, either submit an unless order forcing disclosure, or submit a defence based on the info you have. :decision:

I notice above this debt seems to be SBd, if so, you could use that in your defence and the ball would be on their court, the onus would be on the THEM to show it isn't.

Comment

I've just looked on the money claim website and this is what it says

Acknowledgment of Service
                          Claim numbers ******
                          ClaimantLOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
                          RE:LOWELL FINANCIAL LIMITED
                          DefendantMS ****** ********

Address to which documents about this claim should be sent

Intention
                          I intend to defend all of this claim

Signed
                          I am the Defendant
                          29/05/2014

should I write to them saying I've rang Lloyds and the have no details of my account as they had passed it on to lowells and I should get the information from them (as this is what they did say)

im im positive I haven't used this account in the last 6/7 years but I have no evidence of this as I have no statements or correspondence from anyone

what at would you suggest an unless order or a defence on what I have as it is very little Thank you
                          Last edited by Sirius; 10th June 2014, 19:03:PM.

Comment

I've just looked on the money claim website and this is what it says

Acknowledgment of Service
                            Claim numberA5QV6911
                            ClaimantLOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
                            RE:LOWELL FINANCIAL LIMITED
                            DefendantMS ****** ********

Address to which documents about this claim should be sent

Intention
                            I intend to defend all of this claim

Signed
                            I am the Defendant
                            29/05/2014

should I write to them saying I've rang Lloyds and the have no details of my account as they had passed it on to lowells and I should get the information from them (as this is what they did say)
                            They've already written giving you their usual response so I can't see this making any difference. You should, however, make them aware of your AoS as above. :thumb:

im im positive I haven't used this account in the last 6/7 years but I have no evidence of this as I have no statements or correspondence from anyone
                            It would be up to THEM to provide the evidence that payments were made in the last 6 years, not you.

what at would you suggest an unless order or a defence on what I have as it is very little Thank you
                            Given what you say above, I'd probably go with a SBd defence. :grin:

Comment

Thanks so if I go to money claims online and do the defence form thing and basically put That I've asked for documents from the bank and the bank said they have no documents/records as they are now with lowells and the account is closed. I have had little response from lowells solicitors, and I have had no money go into the account for at least six years so it should be Statute Barred. Thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X