• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

pre-action protocols query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-action protocols query

Hi

My lender has written to me saying that they cannot offer me a payment holiday under the pre-action protocols because its not in my original mortgage terms and conditions. Is this correct?
    thank you
    Tags: None

Re: pre-action protocols query

Originally posted by gwenlillian View Post
    Hi

My lender has written to me saying that they cannot offer me a payment holiday under the pre-action protocols because its not in my original mortgage terms and conditions. Is this correct?
    thank you
    hi - I'm thinking this can't be right as it would then leave many consumers without access to the protocols, given that the original terms were written long before the government introduced the new rules? I thought these were brought in at the beginning of the recession when banks and finance industry were being scrutinised to assist borrowers and to stop an avalanche of repossessions.

Comment

bump

Comment

A payment holiday is an option offered with SOME mortgages, however, this depends on the terms and conditions of your mortgage, it's not an automatic right with every mortgage, and even when it's available, it's often subject to certain conditions being met.

That doesn't mean there are no options, if you are having difficulties paying your mortgage, you should contact your lender and there are various options open to you, even if you can't get a payment holiday. We'd more information about your circumstances to be able to suggest something. :typing:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X