• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DiScOnTinUeD ** BC/Lowell V Kelike28 ** WON **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Carter on behalf of Lowell Claim form

i have found the email address so no worries there, just not sure how to word it....anyone have an idea of how to go about it. Much much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

THIS IS WHAT ID GOT SO FAR BUT IVE NO IDEA IF IM RIGHT OR WRONG WITH IT. XX

Please find attached my acknowledgement of service dated 21.5.14 as your letter states you have not recieved it so i am now sending it again.
      I am also reminding you of the fact that the claim has not yet been allocated and if you still refuse to comply,i will have no option but to submit an application to the court.
      I am again asking you to agree to an extension to file a defence since you haven't supplied the documents you are relying on. CPR 15.5 allows up to 28 days.

Comment

BC/Lowell V Kelike28

Very Catalogue account opened in 8.11.00 Default shows on my credit file 12.7.10
        @ £1542.00 updated 8.5.13 ( think this was a payment made towards this debt or contact when Lowell took it over??)

CLAIM DETAILS

Issue Date - 14.5.14
        Received Date - 16/17.5.14

The claim is for £1698.44 plus interest of 8% per annum sice 26.7.10 amounting to £516.38 total £2399.82

I sent both CPR and CCA 21.5.14 had reply letter from BC dated 23.5.14 received 27.5.14 nothing from Lowell as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
          I shall email later this morning as my AoS receipt is on work computer. There is c an automated response on their website which shows other times I've contacted them ands had no reply. I will take a screen shot of the logs. Is there another email address I could use where i may get a reply from? Shall I just say here is copy of AoS and that they must agree to extention as they haven't supplied documents and that the claim hasn't been allocated a small track yet....? What is an unless order? Thanks again
          i have found the email address so no worries there, just not sure how to word it....anyone have an idea of how to go about it. Much much appreciated. Thanks
          With regards to tracking emails, you may want to try this: http://www.didtheyreadit.com/ It's a paid service but you can sign up and send 10 emails free, without providing any payment details (unlike other services where you have to cancel the free trial or else you start getting charged ). You get a notification every time your email is opened or read, so they cant argue they didn't receive it. The 10 free messages will probably be enough while you're dealing with this claim. :thumb:

Comment

Re: BC/Lowell V Kelike28

File acknowledgement of service. Did you send cpr 31.14 recorded delivery ?

Did you ever sign an agreement ?

M1

Comment

I shall email later this morning as my AoS receipt is on work computer. There is c an automated response on their website which shows other times I've contacted them ands had no reply. I will take a screen shot of the logs. Is there another email address I could use where i may get a reply from? Shall I just say here is copy of AoS and that they must agree to extention as they haven't supplied documents and that the claim hasn't been allocated a small track yet....?
              You can't say they MUST agree to an extension, as it's not an obligation as such, you can ask them to agree to extend the period to file your defence up to the 28 days allowed by the CPR, they can still refuse, if they do, this can go on your witness statement if you submit an unless order. See below.

What is an unless order? Thanks again
              It's an application to the court to make them comply with your request for documents. See this: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...424#post410424

THIS IS WHAT ID GOT SO FAR BUT IVE NO IDEA IF IM RIGHT OR WRONG WITH IT. XX

Please find attached my acknowledgement of service dated 21.5.14 as your letter states you have not recieved it so i am now sending it again.
              I am also reminding you of the fact that the claim has not yet been allocated and if you still refuse to comply,i will have no option but to submit an application to the court.
              I am again asking you to agree to an extension to file a defence since you haven't supplied the documents you are relying on. CPR 15.5 allows up to 28 days.
              You've got the gist of it but it may be best to tone it down a notch or two, as shown here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...385#post410385

You may have to amend that letter to reflect what they've previously said to you on their correspondence.

I assume you got email confirmation of the acknowledgment, in which case you can just forward that email to them separately.

Comment

I have no idea. To be honest I remember having the catalogue years back then stopped using it then started again after I got married which in 2007 I thought was a new account but on looking at my credit file the ain't appears to have remained the same since 2000 I really cannot think that far back. Boooo.

Comment

Very Catalogue account opened in 8.11.00 Default shows on my credit file 12.7.10
                  @ £1542.00 updated 8.5.13 ( think this was a payment made towards this debt or contact when Lowell took it over??)

CLAIM DETAILS

Issue Date - 14.5.14
                  Received Date - 16/17.5.14

The claim is for £1698.44 plus interest of 8% per annum sice 26.7.10 amounting to £516.38 total £2399.82

I sent both CPR and CCA 21.5.14 had reply letter from BC dated 23.5.14 received 27.5.14 nothing from Lowell as yet.
                  To clarify, is this a separate claim from the one on your other thread? :noidea:
                  http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ell-Claim-form

I've just replied to your other thread. :grin:

Comment

Oh yes I did the AoS 22.3.14 which I also sent to BC today as they say not received it.

Comment

If this relates to the other claim, it's best to keep it all on one thread to avoid confusion. :thumb:

Comment

No this is the same one. Looking at a sticky it said to start a new thread once letters sent out. I sent both items recorded delivery and AoS online

Comment

Oh pants can I/you merge them or not

Comment

I'll do it xx edit: Done

(Sorry for confusion on Sticky - I just meant if you haven't already got a thread lol :tinysmile_kiss_t4:
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Tee hee. Ta v muchly folks.

Comment

Now i have sent email to BC (toned down version :-) kindly asking for an extention and also attached the AoS receipt for their records.
                                Do i await reply from them and am i likely to get one saying yes to an extention? How long do i wait before chasing again or do i contact the courts?
                                Im getting really scared of the next stages, i read through all the others on here similar to my case and whilst i get it i am so confused at the same time. Perhaps a little fear is muddling my brain

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X