• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AKTIV KAPITAL JUDGE & PRIESTLEY SOLICITORS SUMMONS, Advice needed plz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKTIV KAPITAL JUDGE & PRIESTLEY SOLICITORS SUMMONS, Advice needed plz

I received a summons from AKTIV KAPITAL PORTFOLIO AS ZUG BRANCH, WELLS HOUSE, 15-17 ELMFIELD ROAD, BROMLEY, KENT, BR1 1LT.
    The address for sending documents is JUDGE & PRIESTLEY SOLICITORS, 6 WEST STREET, BROMLEY, KENT BR1 1JN

Particulars of Claim
    The claimant claims the sum of 10,xxx for debt & interest. On 07/10/2004 the dependent entered into an agreement with MBNA for a credit card under reference 4.13E+15. On 31/08/09 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 9,xxx On 22/09/09 the debt of 9,xxxwas assigned to Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd, who itself assigned the debt to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS Zug Branch on 03/03/12.
    Notices of Assignment were sent to the dependent in accordance with s136 Law if Property a Act 192.
    AND THE CLAIMENT CLAIMS
    1. The sum of 9,xxx
    2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annul from 3/3/12 to 12/5/14 1,6189.99, & thereafter at a daily rate of 2.02 until judgment or sooner payment
    Do I sent them CPR 31.14 and S.78 request?
    On my acknowledgement of service it is asking me for a defence of up to 122 words, what do I write in this box?
    Also they are charging me solicitors costs of £100 is this correct.
    The summons was issued on 13/05/14 so I would appreciate any help so I can file my Acknowledgement of Service.
    Also I was wondering they haven't put a card number number or any reference number relating to this card that I could possibly link back to my records, had this summons been issued correctly ?
    Last edited by Dodgeyman; 29th May 2014, 11:17:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: AKTIV KAPITAL JUDGE & PRIESTLEY SOLICITORS SUMMONS, Advice needed plz

Today I received a letter from Judge & Priestley saying due to a formatting error they did not put the account number on the claim form, they have now sent me the account number. On my s.78 request I put the claim no as a reference because I did not have the account number at that time, I wanted to know is the claim form legally enforceable and should I resend a s.78 request with the account number

Comment

Re: AKTIV KAPITAL JUDGE & PRIESTLEY SOLICITORS SUMMONS, Advice needed plz

I wouldn't argue over an account number if they've told you.

I would s78 and cpr 31.14.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X