• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB Credit Card Unfair Charges Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB Credit Card Unfair Charges Help

I sent the normal unfair charges reclaim letter to Lloyds regarding some old £20 late payment / excess limit charges from 2001 - 2010.

Just received a reply today refusing my complaint saying that charges incurred over 6 years ago are time-barred and that they asked a firm of independent experts to look at their charges in relation to costs in which were deemed fair. They cannot share the exact details of the review because of commercial reasons, and that their findings show that their costs were greater than £12.

Is this just the usual FOB off letter and is that correct regarding 6 years time-barred comment ? What next, is there a follow-up letter disputing their comments before going to FOS ?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds TSB Credit Card Unfair Charges Help

bump

Comment

Sorry can anybody kindly help who have had any success in reclaiming unfair c/card charges older than 6 years ?

Thanks

Comment

I would respond stating that the 6 year Limitation period only commences from when you became aware of the unfairness of the application of these charges. Theoretically, that could have been as early as April 07 when the OFT ruled the charges unfair. But many consumers don't necessarily realise such news applies to them or didn't know till much later.
        PPI is being refunded much further back than 6 years.......

So yes, its a Fob Off letter.

Pre 2007, you should be refunded all the charges, NOT just the difference between £12 and the amount charged, because if a charge is unfair, it is unfair in its entirety.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
          I would respond stating that the 6 year Limitation period only commences from when you became aware of the unfairness of the application of these charges. Theoretically, that could have been as early as April 07 when the OFT ruled the charges unfair. But many consumers don't necessarily realise such news applies to them or didn't know till much later.
          PPI is being refunded much further back than 6 years.......

So yes, its a Fob Off letter.

Pre 2007, you should be refunded all the charges, NOT just the difference between £12 and the amount charged, because if a charge is unfair, it is unfair in its entirety.
          Thanks Celestine for your response.

So I basically go back to them disputing their comments and requesting again for all charges to be refunded plus interest ?

Sorry for silly questions but is their something that I can quote as per your comments ? - been searching for some sort of response letter but had no luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X