• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Internet Register

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Internet Register

Hi all,

Has anyone else be subject to this Scam?

This outfit mass mails companies offering to publicise their details in a register similar to a yellow pages on the internet. Their misleading Proposal form which seems to mean to me, in the top half of the form, that this is free and that only if you ask for the three character search facility will it cost.

As this is a german outfit how would I fare under the UTCC in British law?

This on behalf of a friend of mine that has just changed jobs to run a small Children's Charity. They really can't afford £639 per year for the next three years.

UK Internet Register

UKIRA-DAD-mar-2007.jpg (image)

Any ideas on this guys?

Re: UK Internet Register

Basic registration* in the UK Internet Register for professional participants is free of charge. Send us your details and you will be in there! (Basic registration)

The publishing house reserves the right to decline registration applications. With regard to the specific nature of the subject matter of the database, attention is drawn to the fact that no guarantee is given and liability accepted for the completeness, timeliness, placing and accuracy of the data and for textual or technical errors and compensation claims are accordingly not admissible. As a precaution, attention is drawn to the fact that under §33 of the German Data Protection Act, all data are stored electronically for the purpose of producing and providing the Register.
    (from site)

The form - states if the form is signed its a payable order for advertisement

did she sign it ????? and when did she get the form - did she sign up online first ?

Has she gone back and said No I dont want an advertisement just a basic free listing at all ? whats there response to that ? are they chasing her for money now ?

Of course she shouldnt pay it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X