• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Settled.... O2 have set the dogs on me... Shock!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O2 have set the dogs on me... Shock!!!

Originally posted by bigbigproblems View Post
    Thanks.

I accept that it's probably incompetence. However he has sent a legal document which is factually incorrect. I believe that he has attempted to mislead a member of the public, and therefore has brought the bar council into disrepute.
    Was any of what was contained within the document used in any court proceedings? If so, that needs to be brought to the attention of the court as well as the BSB.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      Was any of what was contained within the document used in any court proceedings? If so, that needs to be brought to the attention of the court as well as the BSB.
      At the moment it has just been sent to me recorded delivery... It's the first I have heard from them! (pdf copy on first page).

However I can only assume that it's their defence which is to be presented. I will know when I get a letter from the court. So I can raise it infront of the court.

There are other LIES. I've spoken to my bank - they do not release details to third parties about me or my account without a court order. However Gareth claims the banks have told them nothing funny has happened with my accounts (funny again as I don't think 02 have even got my bank details).

They are not playing this one straight - they seem to be making stuff up to fill out their defence.

Comment

I know what you are saying - however we all know that Gareth Shires is trying to imply there is a law that means that they must record defaults. There is not. He has written a letter full of legal mumbo jumbo to try and scare me off. I don't think it's acceptable to falsely represent the law to do that.

There is no legal obligation to record defaults with CRA's. The only law applies if the defaults are wrong, as in my case. His assertion that there is a law is a misrepresentation.
        Its a moot point really, recording no data would be an inaccurate record of the debtors history, I doubt very much that the SRA would sanction such a minimal linguistic over-site.

I would worry more about showing some losses, as the defense statement also mentions.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
          Its a moot point really, recording no data would be an inaccurate record of the debtors history, I doubt very much that the SRA would sanction such a minimal linguistic over-site.

I would worry more about showing some losses, as the defense statement also mentions.
          Maybe not - but reporting it will leave a mark on this barrister incase he does it again. And I can prove he has lied throughout that letter. They might be more interested in someone making up lots of stuff.

Parking Eye - did not prove loss. Durkin did not prove loss. I can show that my credit file was damaged. I can show I was refused credit. I can't really prove any more loss than that.

Comment

Maybe not - but reporting it will leave a mark on this barrister incase he does it again. And I can prove he has lied throughout that letter. They might be more interested in someone making up lots of stuff.

Parking Eye - did not prove loss. Durkin did not prove loss. I can show that my credit file was damaged. I can show I was refused credit. I can't really prove any more loss than that.
            Proving that you were refused credit may be enough, providing that the incorrect default was the cause.

Comment

Proving that you were refused credit may be enough.
              Easy - refused with defaults. Now have the credit. Only variable thats changed is the defaults have gone.

I'm still not happy with a barrister writing a letter full of lies and mistruths.

Comment

One way of putting the bank and Gareth on the spot is to challenge them to provide a sworn affidavit each. Banks tend to get nervous when asked for statements which requires them to be truthful. You might find Gareth will do an impersonation of a bull elephant in full bellow. If he refuses, this can be a sign that you've hit a raw nerve.

Comment

One way of putting the bank and Gareth on the spot is to challenge them to provide a sworn affidavit each. Banks tend to get nervous when asked for statements which requires them to be truthful. You might find Gareth will do an impersonation of a bull elephant in full bellow. If he refuses, this can be a sign that you've hit a raw nerve.
                  Alternatively there is trial by combat, or the ducking stool.

Comment

I can ask for this. But I am guessing they will just refuse. Also it's not a bank! It's a phone company.

Comment

I can ask for this. But I am guessing they will just refuse. Also it's not a bank! It's a phone company.
                      In my experience, large companies will huff and puff about affidavits, but when put in a position to swear one, they are not so keen. Refusal would, to me, tend to indicate what they had said before was not 100% truthful. Any reasonable person or allegedly-reputable organisation being truthful will have no problem with swearing an affidavit.

Comment

Do you think the ducking stool would be a quicker way of sorting out the OP's case, Andy?

Comment

I'd be so much more comfortable with trial by combat! Much more up my street haha.

Comment

"HFC did not contest the award of £8,000 for damage to credit if breach of duty were established.
                            However, the Supreme Court rejects Mr Durkin’s attempt to restore the sheriff’s award of damages for
                            the extra interest he paid and for the loss of the capital gain on the Spanish property. Appeals like the
                            present may only be made on matters of law, meaning the Supreme Court cannot go behind the First
                            Division’s findings of fact on these alleged heads of loss"
                            This was the specific damages that were rejected because the Supreme Court refused to reverse, or even comment on, the Edinburgh judges lawlessness. Itself a matter of law!

Comment

There is no way that any court will issue a damage award simply because there is an incorrectly paced default marker
                              Replace "incorrectly placed" with "unlawfully placed" (My case and the OPs). The Supreme Court has just done exactly that!

Rico.

Comment

trial by combat!
                                Aye. Sadly it seems that this'll be what it comes down to in the long run, unless the monarchy intervenes pronto.

Someone will take offence and take out a banker. They'll then retaliate with mercenaries. Out come the vigilantes. Welcome to the UK of hell!

Some bloody snowball!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X