• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest old Premier Account SAR help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest old Premier Account SAR help

Do I send SAR to my old Fenchurch Street, London branch or is there another formal address that I should send it to ?

I am trying to locate some old loan details that I remember being sold some insurances on and just need some clarity on some other account pressurised mis-selling that I may decide to pursue. Will my account number be suffice for all correspondences and is it same formal template as per PPI reclaims ?

Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Natwest old Premier Account SAR help

If that is the branch where the loan was taken out, that is where I believe you should send the SAR. As for the content, see HERE (LINK).

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
      Do I send SAR to my old Fenchurch Street, London branch or is there another formal address that I should send it to ?
      You may want to look at this page: http://www.natwest.com/popup/personal/how.ashx

If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to:

The Center Manager, Subject Access Requests
      The Royal Bank Of Scotland Group Plc
      Business House B, Ground Floor
      Gogarburn
      PO Box 1000
      Edinburgh EH12 1HQ
      A fee may be payable.
      The fee would be the usual£10.
      I am trying to locate some old loan details that I remember being sold some insurances on and just need some clarity on some other account pressurised mis-selling that I may decide to pursue. Will my account number be suffice for all correspondences and is it same formal template as per PPI reclaims ?
      SARs are person-specific rather than account specific, as they are requests for ALL data held about you, if you had more than one account the SAR should return info for all your accounts. Providing an account number shouldn't be essential but it certainly helps if you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
        If that is the branch where the loan was taken out, that is where I believe you should send the SAR. As for the content, see HERE (LINK).
        There is a more specific version of the SAR letter to obtain historical data from financial institutions. :thumb:

Dear Sirs

Ref: xxxxxxxx

Subject Access Request - S.7 Data Protection Act 1998

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which, in any way appertains to me, including (but not exhaustively) a copy of the original signed executed agreement; statements of account; duplicate statements and/or printouts of all account transactions; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memos, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, copies of stored telephone conversations, internal and external emails; any other information held on all types of media in any relevant filing system. If you have disclosed any information to a third party (with or without my express permission), will you please include details of this in your reply, along with notes of any legal action passed or pending (to include a true copy of default notices, court orders and the like).

If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.

Where any information that you provide includes any charges, for example returned payments, late payment fees, and so forth, would you please advise your breakdown of actual costs (liquidated damages) incurred for each charge, and the Term or Condition on which you rely upon to claim such a charge. I also require that you forward, within the above mentioned time scale, a true copy of the Terms and Conditions that were in force at the time my account was opened, and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by you about myself. You have 40 days in which to comply with this request.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          There is a more specific version of the SAR letter to obtain historical data from financial institutions. :thumb:
          Many thanks everyone for your help and will read up on this before I pursue mis-selling but in the meantime I will get SAR sent off.

Just a couple of more questions, I also had a couple of loan accounts tied in with my Premier and Advantage Gold Accounts. Will I need to submit separate SAR's or as mentioned above will everything be sent with one request ? And pressume cheque made payable to RBS ?

I just want to avoid any delays thank-you.

Comment

Many thanks everyone for your help and will read up on this before I pursue mis-selling but in the meantime I will get SAR sent off.

Just a couple of more questions, I also had a couple of loan accounts tied in with my Premier and Advantage Gold Accounts. Will I need to submit separate SAR's or as mentioned above will everything be sent with one request ??

As the SAR is a request for ALL data held about you, one should suffice, which is just as well, since they cost £10... :wof:

Knowing what banks are like, it will help if you are as specific as you can and mention all the accounts you had on the SAR letter, even if only by name if you don't know the number. thumb:

And pressume cheque made payable to RBS ?
            I've always sent my SARs and CCA requests with a blank PO.

Comment

[/COLOR][/B]

I used to do that, but a bailiff company cashed one and claimed they'd not received it, so since then I've checked and had the PO made out to whoever it should be made out to.

I'd sent plenty of SAR's prior to that and it had never happened leaving it blank, but the one experience made me cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
                I used to do that, buta bailiff company cashed one and claimed they'd not received it, so since then I've checked and had the PO made out to whoever it should be made out to.

I'd sent plenty of SAR's prior to that and it had never happened leaving it blank, but the one experience made me cautious.
                As ever, there are two sides to every coin... I'd tend to agree that it's better to make them payable to someone specific, but then you may have a problem if they argue about the name on the order, especially when companies merge, de-merge and take over other companies not to mention when you send a CCA request to a DCA and it has to go back to the OC...

Comment

[/COLOR][/B] As the SAR is a request for ALL data held about you, one should suffice, which is just as well, since they cost £10... :wof:

Knowing what banks are like, it will help if you are as specific as you can and mention all the accounts you had on the SAR letter, even if only by name if you don't know the number. thumb:

Many thanks again FlamingParrot and I do have all account / loan numbers, so I have mentioned them in SAR.

OK cheers again :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Bazza, how long are the accounts....as ya know NatWest is a little speciality of mine

EDIT: that should have said "how old"......some days.....:o
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                      Bazza, how long are the accounts....as ya know NatWest is a little speciality of mine

EDIT: that should have said "how old"......some days.....:o
                      Sorry for delay in reply leclerc but been busy with other issues (c/card fees reclaims).

Right they go back to 1998 but I am sure I have an issue regarding some misselling with my Advantage Gold Account (sold by my then premier advisor who mysteriously disappeared) in 2005/6, which I was sold on the basis that I would get a re-mortgage (never happened), increased loan, insurances etc that I didn't need at time. I know I was stupid agreeing to it but at the time I was desperate and felt forced into it.

To cut a long story short it ended up putting me into financial difficulty, where I couldn't afford repayments in the end and therefore was passed to in-house debt team in which I had an arrangement to pay-back at an affordable amount.

After 6 months NatWest starting requesting increase in payments in which were a ridiculous amount that I couldn't afford, interest and charges were continued to be added even though I had asked for them to be frozen. I was being harassed on a daily basis in which I was on the verge of a breakdown and ended up having counselling.

Then eventually a CCJ was issued (had given up by then trying to reason with them) and I now have an agreed affordable repayment plan with a third party. Will this affect my potential claim, sorry to sound stupid asking ?

Without bleating on, since then I have gradually sorted myself out mentally and financially and I am now starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

So there you are, that's my situation and I have been collating what correspondences I do have but today I sent off the SAR, with addressed cheque payable to RBS. Even after all this time I still feel aggrieved by the way it was handled at the time, so therefore was going to attempt in reclaiming something back from them. They even added over £3,500 in charges and god knows how much interest, even though I asked them to try and understand my circumstances.

Any help and assistance would be very much appreciated in the matter.

Cheers :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Sorry for delay in reply leclerc but been busy with other issues (c/card fees reclaims).

Right they go back to 1998 but I am sure I have an issue regarding some misselling with my Advantage Gold Account (sold by my then premier advisor who mysteriously disappeared) in 2005/6, which I was sold on the basis that I would get a re-mortgage (never happened), increased loan, insurances etc that I didn't need at time. I know I was stupid agreeing to it but at the time I was desperate and felt forced into it.

To cut a long story short it ended up putting me into financial difficulty, where I couldn't afford repayments in the end and therefore was passed to in-house debt team in which I had an arrangement to pay-back at an affordable amount.

After 6 months NatWest starting requesting increase in payments in which were a ridiculous amount that I couldn't afford, interest and charges were continued to be added even though I had asked for them to be frozen. I was being harassed on a daily basis in which I was on the verge of a breakdown and ended up having counselling.

Then eventually a CCJ was issued (had given up by then trying to reason with them) and I now have an agreed affordable repayment plan with a third party. Will this affect my potential claim, sorry to sound stupid asking ?

Without bleating on, since then I have gradually sorted myself out mentally and financially and I am now starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

So there you are, that's my situation and I have been collating what correspondences I do have but today I sent off the SAR, with addressed cheque payable to RBS. Even after all this time I still feel aggrieved by the way it was handled at the time, so therefore was going to attempt in reclaiming something back from them. They even added over £3,500 in charges and god knows how much interest, even though I asked them to try and understand my circumstances.

Any help and assistance would be very much appreciated in the matter.

Cheers :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                        Sorry to resurrect the above mentioned but I have been sidetracked with other issues and have finally got around to looking at this issue again and need some advice from any legal and Natwest experts.

Further to the above.

I located my Advantage Premier account booklet and can see that I was charged £150 a year for the privilige of useless insurances etc so possibly a case of mis-selling.

I was basically advised to up-grade my account to keep my overdraft facility in which at the time I relied on and when things eventually got worse, I then was requested to consolidate debts with a loan in which realistically I could not afford. I know that it was stupid to agree to but I felt helpless at the time and felt pressured into it.

Things got bad to worse and in the end I could not afford to keep up repayments. My finances were passed and addressed by a third party who agreed a set repayment plan with my creditors including Natwest. This was ok for about six months or so but they refused to freeze the interest when requested unlike my other creditors.

Anyway eventually they demanded an increase in monthly payments from £50pm to £700pm in which was not possible so before I knew it, not only was I issued with a CCJ but my debt had increased by another £8,000 including interest and charges.

I now have an agreed repayment plan with Irwin Mitchell since February 2008 in which I pay by direct debit. I recently requested a statement of payments from them and NatWest.

Irwin Mitchell's cameback all in order as to what I paid but when I recieved details from NatWest they had been adding quarterley interset payments in which stopped in Sept 2010, so therefore totals outstanding are different ? Irwin Mitchell also confirmed that the judgement amount was full and final and no added interest ?

I know there are various issues involved but my questions are including the above :-

1) Can I still submit a Package Account mis-sale complaint to NatWest ?
                        2) Can I still submit a formal complaint to NatWest in the way that they addressed my financial situation at the time ?
                        3) Is there anything on the CCJ confirming about interest being added ?
                        4) Should Irwin Mitchell or NatWest submit a yearly statement ?

I would appreciate someones time in how to approach this and what to address first.

Sorry for long post but there are quite a few issues to address and thank-you.

I recently submitted a SAR for everything pertaining to me including bank / loan account details and NatWest / RBS could only locate bank statements from 2001 and a few letter correspondences but no loan / overdraft agreements ?

I have a copy of the original agreement but cannot see anything confirming post judgement interest being added.

Comment

I think a complaint to natwest re missold account might be worth asking about. However, asking about the interest is very good because Irwin Mitchell(solicitors) have stated that the bank should not have been adding interest so they need to refund that interest.

Not sure on questions 3 or 4.
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            I think a complaint to natwest re missold account might be worth asking about. However, asking about the interest is very good because Irwin Mitchell(solicitors) have stated that the bank should not have been adding interest so they need to refund that interest.

Not sure on questions 3 or 4.
                            Many Thanks Leclerc

The added interest by NatWest has only come to my notice since solicitors contacted them requesting that they provide me with statements per my earlier request.

I noticed quarterley interest amounts being added but then stopped in September 2010 ? Therefore latest balance outstanding stated by solicitors differ from what NatWest are stating on their statements.

I have again requested confirmation from Irwin Mitchell but should I still request the same from NatWest and explanation or leave this for solicitors to address ?

Was this the normal procedure with NatWest, demanding a totally unacceptable repayment plan then plying for a CCJ / CO to be issued very quickly ?

Comment

Also after requesting details via my previous SAR from NatWest last year, there was very little provided regarding the bank account considering judgement was July 2008 ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X