• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pontin's holiday park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pontin's holiday park

I'm not a greedy man and wouldn't feel comfortable receiving a full refund, after all we made the most of our weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the live music, lots of beer and chatting to a Johnny Depp look-a-like dressed up like Jack Sparrow with gold tooth and drinking neat rum

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
      I'm not a greedy man and wouldn't feel comfortable receiving a full refund, after all we made the most of our weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the live music, lots of beer and chatting to a Johnny Depp look-a-like dressed up like Jack Sparrow with gold tooth and drinking neat rum
      You're too soft...........
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

I've just had another look at the email off Mark, it was forwarded on to him from Eileen (she must be Alex Langsam's secretary or summat, the only email address listed for Alex is through Eileen).
        She simply put "Mark, deal with it"

Comment

Send a letter to the CEO by recorded and signed for post. Costs under Ł2.00
          Mark the envelope Personal and Private:
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

I'll see what Mark has to say tomorrow

Comment

Spoke to Mark today, he was very apologetic and somewhat stressed (must have had a bad day), he said he had done a bit of investigating at head office and located the original booking details and said that we had booked direct at their main bookings centre and not with the event organiser. He said that the booking staff should have told us that you don't get any extra's on event weekends, I told him if they had I wouldn't have paid extra and would gone for a standard apartment.
              He offered me to come back at the next event where I'll get a club apartment for the price of a budget apartment with a free bottle of wine and breakfast, he hasn't offered me a refund instead he's offered me what I should have got in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
                Spoke to Mark today, he was very apologetic and somewhat stressed (must have had a bad day), he said he had done a bit of investigating at head office and located the original booking details and said that we had booked direct at their main bookings centre and not with the event organiser. He said that the booking staff should have told us that you don't get any extra's on event weekends, I told him if they had I wouldn't have paid extra and would gone for a standard apartment.
                He offered me to come back at the next event where I'll get a club apartment for the price of a budget apartment with a free bottle of wine and breakfast, he hasn't offered me a refund instead he's offered me what I should have got in the first place
                And what's to say he'll follow through?

Comment

Ask for a refund mate..........
                  You didn't get what you paid for.

Comment

Hi,

I stayed at potins on the 24th of May, was booked in for 6 nights with the wife and daughter but the Apartment was so uterly filthy we handed back the keys the next day. They apologised and gave me a mail address to complain to but as I´ve since read on several Forums, they never respond to These mails. I have also complained to the southport health authorities and sent them 27 photos, they´re currently investigating. Any tips what else i can do ? thanks in advance
                    David

Comment

Have you sent the complaint via email ? If so when ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I mailed them on the 28th of May, can´t seem to add it here so here´s a Screen dump

Dear Mr Kirsty,

On the 19th of February this year I booked an apartment in Pontins
                        Southport Holiday Park.

The booking was via booking.com and I paid in advance using my
                        master card.

I made this booking based on the pictures and descriptions on your
                        homepage.

I arrived on the 25.5.2015 at 3 PM following an 800 mile drive from
                        Germany.

After waiting for 3 Hours I finally received my apartment key and
                        was horrified at the totally unacceptable condition of this
                        apartment.

As you can see from the Pictures

• The Bathroom was in an appalling state (mould on and around
                          the Bath, door damaged, Bath damaged etc.)
                        • The floor was sticky
                        • The oven door did not close properly
                        • ALL pots and pans were badly burned and not fit for use.
                        • several items where missing from the inventory list (tea pot,
                          can opener, knives, bottle opener etc.)
                        • the kitchen windows were held in with make shift rubber
                        • Sofa had a dirty white mark on it.
                        • All windows were filthy inside and out

I could list more issues however I think this is sufficient.

I went to the reception to complain but found a queue outside the
                        door of other unhappy customers.

As I was tired I returned to the apartment where my wife attempted
                        to use the grill. the oven began to bellow black smoke. The oven
                        walls were covered in oil and I am surprised the smoke alarm didn't
                        go off.

I then saw how an army of cleaners went around the site cleaning
                        various apartments - I am clearly not the only customer who was
                        unhappy with the state of hygiene in your Holiday Park.

The next day I complained to the Park management and handed my keys
                        back. I was told that I may receive an upgrade but it would take
                        over an hour to confirm if an apartment was available.

My wife was not willing to risk this as she has several allergies
                        and was already very distressed.

Your apartments are really an issue for the local environmental
                        health authorities

Your homepage does not show an accurate picture or description of
                        the apartments which are clearly "not fit for purpose"

I could complain to booking.com, mastercard, the local health
                        authorities and contract a solicitor to sue you as you have ruined
                        my holiday.

I will offer you one chance to refund my payment in full and the
                        issue will be closed.

If not I will sue for compensation which will be considerable more
                        expensive for you.

I have searched the internet and found appalling reports on the
                        Southport site *try trip advisor.com for example)

I have been advised you have no chance if I take this to court. I
                        suggest you accept my generous offer immediately. I expect your
                        response within 5 working days. Please also reply to
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX as this is not my normal email address.

Regards
                        Last edited by Kati; 9th July 2015, 15:17:PM. Reason: removing address and email :)

Comment

Okay. And you have not yet had any response ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No I´ve not had a Response from them.

Comment

No they´ve not replied, I read this Forum and sent an eMail to eileen downey at Brittania, but sofar no reply.

Comment

I have now contacted the local health authority and complained. They have visited the appartment and wrote the following
                                "Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 / Food Safety & Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013

Re: Pontins, Shore Road, Ainsdale, Southport

I am writing further to your recent complaint regarding the above premises and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Since Britannia Hotels took over ownership of the premises several years ago, they have invested large amounts of resource into improving facilities on the park. This includes the refurbishment of all chalets and common parts areas.

However, from time to time we do receive complaints about certain aspects not being up to acceptable standard. We are obviously unable to witness the exact conditions at the time of your stay, however all complaints received by Sefton Council are addressed with management at Pontins and remedial actions are discussed. To ensure standards are maintained Sefton Council also holds quarterly management update meetings with senior managers from Pontins where any outstanding issues are discussed along with areas which require prioritising and actioning. The last quarterly meeting was on the 13th July 2015.

Chalet Conditions

With respect to your recent complaint regarding substandard chalet conditions, I have raised the matter with Pontins and required them to ensure cleaning and maintenance procedures are reassessed to be more rigorous. They are currently taking steps to improve cleaning controls and have altered their housekeeping checking systems prior to chalets being let. Officers will be monitoring these to ensure they are effective.

I was able to view chalet 182 at the time of my last quarterly meeting. Your concerns regarding the mould, defective bath panel and pots/pans were passed on to the general manager. The oven was inspected and the door was able to fully close. The site has now employed two full time window cleaners.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I hope this information alleviates your concerns.

Should you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully

Mrs Anna Wrennall

Senior Environmental Health Officer
                                "

Still no answer from Brittania or Pontins but at least i may have forced them to improve their Cr*p Service a bit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X