• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

demand letter from Restons solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demand letter from Restons solicitors

hi i have just received a letter from restons asking me to pay money i owed on an old loan a few years ago i was having problems because my better half was diagnosed with bowl cancer i was self employed so money got very tight it came as a shock. i cant actually remember how much the original loan was but they say its £3,946.34 i dident think it was as much as that is their any way for me to find out.
    they have sent me a questionnaire to fill about my financial status to be returned by may 23 2014 should i do this or contact them to give me more time
    Tags: None

Re: demand letter from Restons solicitors

Originally posted by wilalast View Post
    hi i have just received a letter from restons asking me to pay money i owed on an old loan a few years ago i was having problems because my better half was diagnosed with bowl cancer i was self employed so money got very tight it came as a shock. i cant actually remember how much the original loan was but they say its £3,946.34 i dident think it was as much as that is their any way for me to find out.
    they have sent me a questionnaire to fill about my financial status to be returned by may 23 2014 should i do this or contact them to give me more time
    Don't fill anything just yet and don't contact them till we know the full facts, can you post up the letter they've sent you (remove personal details first) to see if it's a proper letter before action or just a standard threat-o-gram? :typing:

How old is this old loan? When did you take it out and when did you last make a payment?

Comment

Wait for the Advice on here
      Hows the OH now they are more important than the money

Comment

hi thanks for reply i think it was about 8 years ago they took me to court and gave me a ccj that has now come of my credit file again the last payment would have been years ago ill try and post letter up?

Comment

shes nagging me again so she must be getting better LOL

Comment

hi thanks for reply i think it was about 8 years ago they took me to court and gave me a ccj that has now come of my credit file again the last payment would have been years ago ill try and post letter up?
            When you got the CCJ do you remember if you were ordered to make any installment payments and have you paid anything or heard from them between getting the CCJ and now?

Sounds like you might have an attachment of earning or means statement letter.

If they did nothing to enforce in over six years then they would have to go to court to ask for permission to enforce at this late stage. We'll see what the letter says first tho.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

just having trouble uploading letter will type it in

Comment

with further reference to this matter we enclose a questionnaire for you to complete and return to this office with confirmation of your proposals for the settlement of your account with our client .please complete the questionnaire fully and use follow on pages if needed .the purpose of the questioner is to assist both you and us to in agreeing the level of repayments and method that are appropriate and realistic both in relation to the extent of your indebtedness tp arrow global receivables management ltd and to your own financial situation please return the questionnaire to miss xxxxx no later than Friday 23 may 2014
                providing you contact this office by Friday may 23 2014 to confirm that you are either completing the financial statement or seeking advice of a third party Adviser then additional time may be allowed if required in the event of you experiencing financial difficulties the pleas do not hesitate us on the direct dial number above yours faithfully xxxxx

Comment

A CCJ changes matters somewhat. Can you give us a bit more details about this CCJ?
                  • How much did the court order you to pay?
                  • How long did you keep up the payments ordered by the court?
                  • Why did you stop making payments?
                  • Was the CCJ in favour of Arrow in the first place?
                  • Does the letter/questionnaire mention anything about an attachment of earnings?
                  • Is it headed statement of means?
                  • Are they making reference to the CCJ anywhere?
                  • Are you employed, or self-employed/unemployed/retired?
                  • Do you own your home?

Comment

hi thanks for reply ill post details today many thanks

Comment

i cant remember it was such along time ago ill try and look for paper work
                      i dident keep up the payments for long due to my partner being very poorly
                      having chemo and radio therapy obviously she couldn't work i was working in construction
                      but had to have time of to look after her we couldn't claim a penny in benefits Lynne
                      was to poorly to fill paoper work in any way i managed to keep the most important bills
                      paid IE mortgage,gas,electric,rates ,water rate food etc
                      The CCJ was done by EGG and not ARROW ( this has now come of my credit file now)
                      No mention about an attachment of earnings?
                      It is not headed statement of means but looks like one asking all personal details
                      mortage payment,bank details,monthly expenditure,etc,etc
                      they are not making reference to the CCJ anywhere?
                      I am self employed
                      we have a mortage

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X