• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can a Baliff break in when I am out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Baliff break in when I am out?

I have received a Removal Notice from Ross and Roberts, relating to unpaid CT. It states they will return with a removal contractor to remove goods from my home and it would be in my best interest to be there at the time. They give no date only in the next 7 days (I received 4 days are the date on the letter). I have never let them in. Can they force entry?
    I have a company car which is kept on my drive, can they take this?

I have read some of the threads here but am struggling to fully understand what they can and cannot do?
    Tags: None

Re: Can a Baliff break in when I am out?

No the situation is still that you mist have given them "peaceful entry" before they can force their way in. If you want to protect your car from being impounded you will have to be able to prove that it is either a company vehicle or that it is for work purposes. if it were me I would just park it somewhere else for few days to save the trouble.

Your best bet is to stop them coming at all, they will charge the fee for attendance anyway should they turn up. Ring them and see if they will come to an arrangement or better still pester the council, you will have to be persistent and you will have to pay the fee to the bailiff which is due for them handling the account so far, hopefully one of our bailiff boys'or girls will be along in a minute to give more details.

Comment

Meanwhile

https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-bailiffs

Comment

Many thanks for your help. The recent change in legislation has confused me a bit. I will go to the link you provided.

Comment

Can you list some dates please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X