• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Debt Assignment received then received CC Claim from original company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Debt Assignment received then received CC Claim from original company

I was wondering if anyone could advise me regarding the following situation. In March 2013 I parked my partner's car in the Co-op car park and exceeding the free stay by 12 mins. My partner subsequently received a 'PCN' as registered keeper, which was ignored (as per advice on many forums).

In Jan 2014 my partner received a Notice of Assignment of Debt from the Co-op's agents managing the car park who had sent the original 'fine' stating that the 87.5% of the debt had been assigned and that 'Henceforth we will no longer be involved in this part of the debt and payments must be sent to etc.'

The original company (CEL) have now made a claim for the original full amount plus costs through the County Court. I have returned the notice of service and my partner intends to defend. Can they take the debt back like this once it is assigned and sent a notice saying they will 'no longer be involved'?

Advice would be very much appreciated. In the meantime the Co-op say it is too late for them to intervene but have offered a payment direct to us as a goodwill gesture, although their goodwill does not reach 50% of the amount claimed...

Many thanks to those that read.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X