• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

putting my head above the parapet?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting my head above the parapet?????

Hi,I have been a member of this site for some time but not an active member, however Ive had lots of experience with unenforcability and high court enforcement sherfarce beating them twice in the high court

I have multiple credit cards debts most of which are coming upto SB,main tactic has been ignoring the threatograms, in the early days I did fend off with cca requests but never got anything that looked enforceable back, so all got sold on to various dca and after me getting bored of telling them it was in dispute I started to ignore the letters and subsequently moved house.

I recently had a default ccj registered to me at my old address and have successfully set that aside with the help of another forum, I need to get a defence sorted out, the other forum is still helping with it

The various dca have now started writing to me at my new address and I wonder if i should start writing back or just continue to ignore
    non can be described as LBA and I dont want to give any advantage away with SB being so close

I did get one ccj that Ive not been able to satisfy for £11k but again have pretty well ignored that to I do need to address that as an issue any ideas welcome

Onlyme again
    Tags: None

Re: putting my head above the parapet?????

Hi, Good to hear you are getting help with the current issue of setting aside successfully, presumably based on the address issues?, and defending the CCJ. If you need another few pairs of eyes on it just post up. You should really have your defence sorted before applying for the set aside but in lots of cca cases thats difficult as theres no documents available until you pretty much force them to supply them.

With regards the 11k CCJ - its never a great idea just to leave it as the claimants could bring enforcement action off the back of it. Do you want to give us a bit more info. How old is the CCJ, what's it for, was it defended etc.

On the others, no, unless they are letters before action no need to respond. How close to stat barred are you and who are the dca's at the moment ? We see lots of cases bought within a few weeks from the stat barred date so it might be worth knowing who Is chasing and for how much to have an idea whether to try staving off without acknowledging.

Regards

Sharon
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahh have just this minute read your email xx all fine Lets have a look at the 11k CCJ first then xx Also see you posted elsewhere on the set aside issues so will stick to that thread for that issue so ignore my comment on that, as its pretty much same lol.
      Last edited by Amethyst; 18th May 2014, 15:46:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Ahh have just this minute read your email xx all fine Lets have a look at the 11k CCJ first then xx Also see you posted elsewhere on the set aside issues so will stick to that thread for that issue so ignore my comment on that, as its pretty much same lol.
        Thanks Sharon
        The ccj was gained nearly 4 years ago I have since moved house and the dcas have changed a couple of times, the debt still seems to be owed to Black horse and one of the letters did offer a 60% settlement figure which I thought was odd
        They have written to me at my new home I remarried and the house is not in my name at all it is owned by my wife and her father.
        last letter recieved was from advantis in september last year, they dont seem to realise it already has a ccj attached to it as they threaten county court action

The other letters I am getting relating to old credit card debts are run of the mill.

One from capquest relating to a ltsb account that has a very dodgy agreement no terms or conditions and part of it blanked off looks a bit like a lba but Ive dealt with capq before and beat them over a stat demand and won costs so let them bring it on it looks a bit like a lba but Headed: of claim under practice direction pre action protocl

I quite like digging my suit out and going to court i used to have a very good business before the recession now I am a builder working my way back up the ladder so to speak
        I will create posts as time progresses and any action or assistance is needed

Only me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X