• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

smart parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart parking

Any help appreciated.

my wife received a parking ticket at a matalan car park run by smart parking for no valid ticket shown. she had paid and displayed the ticket but somehow the ticket was the wrong way round.
    i started receiving debt recovery plus ltd letters demanding payment, which i told her to ignore after watching a bbc watchdog programme.
    the problem is that i have been told that this advise is old now, also it has been six months since she got the ticket and i have lost the pay and display ticket also she paid by cash and again lost the receipts from matalan so i cant prove that she was a genuine customer.
    i'm worried that they will send her a county claim
    please see letters they have sent.
    what can i do?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: smart parking

I assume from what you say that you are the registered keeper and your wife the driver.

That leaves your options as

1. Ignore. They are not litigious as some parking companies are. However this means you are not clear until the statute of limitations kicks in at 6 years. If they do take court action you can still win, obviously.
    2. Supply the name and address of the driver. This negates keeper liability and the driver has to be given the chance to appeal and if that's rejected an appeal to popla which is currently an easy win.
    3. Matalan use membership cards so purchases can be traced easily if needed. You could see if they can get the ticket cancelled by complaining.
    4. Pay.
    5. Negotiate a lower amount.

If you find the ticket again, keep it safe.

M1

Comment

sorry for the delay in replying.
      if my wife is the registered keeper can she ask for a popla code or is it to late?
      also she has a membership card, so i will have to go down their and see if she used it on the day.

Comment

You can ask for anything you like. I doubt she'll get it though.

In matalan you are asked for your card all the time.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X