• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP, barclaycard, county court,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKDP, barclaycard, county court,

Someone on CAG had similar T&C's sent - they have dated them as 2005 and had taken out a morgan stanley card http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post2999461 Interest rate differ from your set.

images -> http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/bctc1001.jpg and --> http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/bctc2002.jpg

Ahh they are/were American - so date is Feb 2005

the original credit card was goldfish and started about 2004 application on the internet.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Let Flaming Parrot have a look as she probably know this off the top of her head. But if you took the card out in May 2002 it couldn't have been Morgan Stanley terms as it was still Centrica ?????????
      I did have a Morgan Stanley credit card I took out probably in 2001, and it was always branded Morgan Stanley. It was a mailshot, they were sending application forms in the post.

Comment

Someone on CAG had similar T&C's sent - they have dated them as 2005 and had taken out a morgan stanley card http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post2999461 Interest rate differ from your set.

images -> http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/bctc1001.jpg
        Those are the terms for an Egg card, they were sold to Citi then to Barclays. I also had one of them eggs. :grin:
        and --> http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/bctc2002.jpg

Ahh they are/were American - so date is Feb 2005
        Oh yes, definitely a Wa££ $treet bank, I knew lots of people who worked for them!

Morgan Stanley bought Goldfish in 2006, the deal was announced in Dec 2005: http://www.morganstanley.com/about/p...cles/3722.html

Morgan Stanley issued their own cards but if the OP applied for a Goldfish card in 2004/05, it wouldn't have had Morgan Stanley terms, so those wouldn't be the terms from inception. :thumb:

I don't see anything linking those terms to the OP... :noidea:

Comment

Sorry for being a bit dence, but what is OP and can I defend this claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheba100 View Post
            Sorry for being a bit dence, but what is OP
            Apologies for the abbreviations they tend to become second nature when you post a lot on forums.

OP = Original Poster, i.e. yourself
            Originally posted by Sheba100 View Post
            and can I defend this claim?
            That was the subject of the discussion Amethyst and I were having above, whether those were the terms you'd actually agreed to when you took out the card, because it seems to me that they wouldn't have been if you applied for a Goldfish card in 2005, you wouldn't have received Morgan Stanley terms back then. I've just read a post above where you said you applied in 2002.

I get the impression that they've been trying to fob you off with various sets of terms and have not supplied you with the ones from inception.

Comment

OP = Original Poster = You ( Sheba100 ) xx

The main issue seems to be DID YOU APPLY FOR A GOLDFISH CARD with GOLDFISH before they were bought in late 2005 by MORGAN STANLEY. If you applied for a GOLDFISH card in 2004/2002?? those cannot be the correct terms for the account.

If however you had applied for a Morgan Stanley card, which later changed to a Goldfish card, then they could be.

I think that is enough of a uncertainanty to ask for the signed original agreement ( in 2004 I believe they'd still have had to send an agreement by post for you to sign and return following the internet application ???) under section 61 CCA 1974 .

Have you any way of checking in you were making payments to Goldfish or MS in 2004 after inception ?? old bank statements etc ?

(or what FP said, soz honey didn't see you there)
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi I have search through the filling cabinet, and found MS statement dated May 20th 2004. Margin Stanley Gold, but the credit card number is different. Is this good or bad. I may have to go into loft to see if I can find an earlier one.

Comment

hmmm. Could you type out the particulars of claim. Does it mention Goldfish ? What made you think the claim was for a Goldfish card?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'm think on reflection the goldfish was another card.
                    particluars.
                    the claimant claims the sum of 10,717.76 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement originally between the defendant and barclaycard.
                    the defendant's account number is xxxx xxxx xxxx and was assigned to the claimant on 22/11/2013, notice of the has been provided to the defendant. The Defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the consumer credit Act 1974. The claimant claims the sum 10,717.76 and coasts. The claimant has complied, as far as is necessary, with the pre-action conduct practice directions.

thanks again for you time

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X