• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP, barclaycard, county court,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKDP, barclaycard, county court,

I have received a court claim from MKDP, issued on the 1st may. the original debt from barclaycard who brought it from Morgan Stanley, the original credit card was goldfish and started about 2004 application on the internet.

barclay card was chasing so in 12/2012 I sent then a letter from a template, asking for CCA they responded with just there terms and conditions, and also Morgan Stanley's T&tC

01/13 I wrote back with with another template with in it
    127(3) the court shall not make an enforcement order under section65(1) is section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document(whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with the regulations under section 60(1) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer( whether or not in the prescribed manner).

then BC replied with letter quoting Carey v HSBC

it it is therefor clear that a creditor is not required under section 78 of the act to provide a copy of the agreement bearing the signature of the parties.

The debt was then passed on to mercers. I sent a letter from template about continual harassment.

I have sent back online the AoS.

Could you help me with the defence.

Re: MKDP, barclaycard, county court,

Mercers are part of Barclaycard. Can you confirm who owns the account on the claim?

Did you send a SAR to get all the data on the account?

What do the charges on the account add up to?

Did you say you would defend all of the claim?

Comment

Online in 2004 ? Did they send you an agreement to sign ?

S127 (3) has nothing at all to do with s78. The template you used was wrong. Whilst 127(3) may come to your aid if you never signed, it won't be because of s78 because the requirement to comply with The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 does not apply to s78.

What are the particulars of claim ?

Did you ever get a default notice ?

Do you have your own copy of the agreement ?

In what way were you harassed ?

Did you get notice of assignment ?

Have you had any notices of sums in arrears ?

an you post what they sent in reply to your s78 request ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Sheba100 View Post
        I have received a court claim from MKDP, issued on the 1st may. the original debt from barclaycard who brought it from Morgan Stanley, the original credit card was goldfish and started about 2004 application on the internet.

barclay card was chasing so in 12/2012 I sent then a letter from a template, asking for CCA they responded with just there terms and conditions, and also Morgan Stanley's T&tC

01/13 I wrote back with with another template with in it
        127(3) the court shall not make an enforcement order under section65(1) is section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document(whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with the regulations under section 60(1) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer( whether or not in the prescribed manner).

then BC replied with letter quoting Carey v HSBC

it it is therefor clear that a creditor is not required under section 78 of the act to provide a copy of the agreement bearing the signature of the parties.
        Yes, the can provide a recon as per Carey but it has to be honest and accurate, and they should send you the terms from inception, which are the ones you allegedly agreed to when you opened the account.

Dates are important if you applied online: if it was in 2004, then they should have sent you an agreement to sign, however, for online applications from Jan 2005 onwards, a tick box saying you accept the terms would fulfill the role of a signature, so they can get away with sending you a printout of the terms you'd have agreed to online.

The debt was then passed on to mercers. I sent a letter from template about continual harassment.

I have sent back online the AoS.

Could you help me with the defence
        You'd normally send both a CCA request and a CPR 31.14 request for documents to be able to prepare your defence. See here for reference: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...322#post418322

Comment

MKDP. Barclays margin Stanley

Hi this is my second thread
          Morgan Stanley credit card opened about 2002
          sold to Barclay card debt 10717.76

Issued 01 may
          County court A4JA5798
          amount £11127.76 inc solicitor fees MKDP

you advised, which it have done

sent on line to court AoS wanting to defend claim

I sent to MKDP
          Asking for CCA with £1.00
          asked for CPR both on 19 May recorded delivery.
          the cheque has been cashed.
          Since then I'have not had any document from them.

Do I chase MKDP
          Do I inform the courts

Comment

Re: MKDP. Barclays margin Stanley

Hi this is my second thread
            Morgan Stanley credit card opened about 2002
            sold to Barclay card debt 10717.76

Issued 01 may
            County court A4JA5798
            amount £11127.76 inc solicitor fees MKDP

you advised, which it have done

sent on line to court AoS wanting to defend claim

I sent to MKDP
            Asking for CCA with £1.00
            asked for CPR both on 19 May recorded delivery.

the cheque has been cashed.
            Since then I'have not had any document from them.

Do I chase MKDP
            You need to chase the CPR request but not the CCA request. The £1 fee would have been for the CCA. They should have responded to the CPR request in 7 days so you should most definitely chase that one. As you are running short on time, ring and/or email them. hone: :typing:

When you get in touch, ask them to agree to an extension of 28 days to submit your defence, which is the maximum allowed under CPR 15.5.

Keep a log of every communication and their response in case you need to submit an unless order.

Do I inform the courts
            If they agree to an extension, get them to put it in writing (email should be fine) and forward that to the court. :typing:

Comment

MKDP. barclays

Hi this is my third post and I am most grateful of the advice I have had.
              original credit card margin Stanley took out May 2002 sold to barclaycard 28/09 2012
              debt of £11,126
              sold to MKDP nov 22 2013
              county court 1may 2014
              said will defend, let court know.
              requested CCA and CPR 31.14 /
              Ask court more time, received acknowledgement.
              now have received.

1,copy of reconstructed credit agreement including terms and conditions.
              2, statements
              3, notice of assignment
              see attachments.

how can I defend this debt.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hiya, I;ve merged your threads together, just makes it simpler for those trying to assist you. Am now having a read back through the case. xx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks, I'll await some help.

Comment

Re: MKDP. barclays

Hi this is my third post and I am most grateful of the advice I have had.
                    original credit card margin Stanley took out May 2002 sold to barclaycard 28/09 2012
                    debt of £11,126
                    sold to MKDP nov 22 2013
                    county court 1may 2014
                    said will defend, let court know.
                    requested CCA and CPR 31.14 /
                    Ask court more time, received acknowledgement.
                    now have received.

1,copy of reconstructed credit agreement including terms and conditions.
                    2, statements

3, notice of assignment
                    see attachments.

how can I defend this debt.
                    Is your copy of the terms as unclear as what you've posted? They are not very readable but look like generic T&Cs rather than anything to do with your agreement. If you had a Morgan Stanley credit card to start with, your terms from inception should be from Morgan Stanley, not Barclaycard. If Barclays bought the account 10 years later, there's no way those could be the original terms! :nono:

A recon is acceptable as per Carey v HSBC but the recon has to be honest and accurate. There's no way terms that read Barclaycard all over could be the ones you agreed to when you took out a Morgan Stanley card, so there's no way that could be an honest and accurate reconstruction of our original agreement with Morgan Stanley.

Comment

Hi, thanks for looking at this for me.

the Morgam Stanley T&c's have a front sheet with 112may hand written smell, in top right corner
                      then on next page Credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1994
                      Then blank page with Morgan Stanley address on. And a date in right lower corner TC112. 05/02
                      then I have barclaycard t&c
                      then a statements from June 12 till June 13
                      then copy of letter fromBC assigning debt to MKDP

can I defend this debt

Comment

The last payment to the account was oct 2012.

Comment

Hi, thanks for looking at this for me.

the Morgam Stanley T&c's have a front sheet with 112may hand written smell, in top right corner
                          then on next page Credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1994
                          Then blank page with Morgan Stanley address on. And a date in right lower corner TC112. 05/02
                          Any chance we could look at these?

Comment

Hi.
                            i have attached the first five pages the last page just gives Morgan Stanley details at the bottom of blank page.

thanks so much for your help.
                            sheba100
                            Attached Files

Comment

Relationship between Goldfish and Morgan Stanley. In my mind had you taken out a goldfish card you'd have had goldfish terms..... it seems on looking that in 2002 Goldfish was still Lloyds.

1996 - Goldfish card launched by Lloyds TSB (30%)/Centrica(70%) give or take

2003 Lloyds takes over Goldfish fully

2005/2006 Discover FS / Morgan Stanley buy Goldfish

2008 Barclaycard buys Goldfish

HFC came into it somewhere too, but can't work that bit out.

The change of strategy started with the sale of the Goldfish business to Lloyds TSB Bank[9] (who subsequently sold it to Morgan Stanley Bank International Limited).[10]

"Lloyds TSB sells Goldfish brand". BBC News. 20 December 2005

Let Flaming Parrot have a look as she probably know this off the top of her head. But if you took the card out in May 2002 it couldn't have been Morgan Stanley terms as it was still Centrica ?????????
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X