• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Care home fees question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care home fees question

Because I have utterly no idea how the current system works.

Elderly man needs to go into a care home. No assets or money at all.

Care home selected. Government cover majority of cost barring £10 a week. No assets. Only officially recognised family member is mid 80's and in care home themselves so there is no one to pay the £10 a week.

Presumably he couldn't go to that care home and would need to find an alternative one that is £10 a week less.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Care home fees question

The council will pay full care taking all his pensions and any other income he may have, leaving him with I think £23.90 per week for personal use.
    He may be able to pay the £10 out of that if he wants to go to that certain home, but I would check. Also if a third party is to be responsible for the shortfall they must guarantee they can do it long term.

Comment

Re: Care home fees question

Thank you Nelly. I'll pass the info on, let you know what occurs.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X