• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DISCONTINUED: Lowell/Bryan carter v Dibble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DISCONTINUED: Lowell/Bryan carter v Dibble

Hi all, wondering if someone could help please, I have a few questions.
    A brief catch up of events so far is as follows.

Its an old credit card debt purchase by Lowell. Ccj was issued last month. I've done the acknowledgement on the website. Sent cca request. Sent CPR request. Receive response refusing to send it from Bryan carter. Sent second CPR request.

My 33 days is up on 20/05 so I'm running out of time a bit now. I guess the next step is the n244 form but I have a few questions please.

Is it possible to submit this online?
    If so do I do it as part of the claim where I acknowledged earlier?
    Do I need to submit payment with this?
    Do I still need to submit a defence online before 20/05?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit stuck at this stage.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell/Bryan carter v Dibble

Is it possible to submit this online? Email.
    If so do I do it as part of the claim where I acknowledged earlier? No via email
    Do I need to submit payment with this? Need to phone before 15:15 to pay. They will supply the email address.
    Do I still need to submit a defence online before 20/05? If you submit an application, no.

M1

Comment

Great, thanks for the help.

Do you know where I need to email the form to and how much it costs please?

Comment

ccbcfees@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk is the email address i suspect. Applications are £155 or £50 without a hearing which i would not suggest.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information

M1
        Last edited by mystery1; 15th May 2014, 21:52:PM. Reason: rogue .

Comment

Thanks again. 2 more, probably stupid, questions if you don't mind.

On the n244 form, is there a way to make box 3 larger when filling it in on PDF and also what is the fee account number?
          thanks.

Comment

No. If needed just use another sheet and refer to it in the box. "see attached sheet" or similar.

"fee account number".

No idea. Where do you see that ?

M1

Comment

It's in the top right corner of the form, under the claim number box.

Comment

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can give me a bit more advice please. I only have till tomorrow to submit a defence.

I just rang Northampton CC with the intention of paying for and submitting the N244 form. However the lady on the phone advised me that I didn't need to apply for the N244, that I should just submit my defence saying that I have not been provided with enough information. Is this the correct procedure? I thought once the claim had been allocated that they don't have to provide me with the information any more?
                Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of time now.
                Thanks.

Comment

They have said that to 1/2 people in the past and they were wrong then too.

Stick to the plan. You'll need to wait to pay until tomorrow now as the latest to pay is 15:15.

M1

Comment

Great, thanks again for your help. I'll ring up first thing in the morning.

Comment

Hi Again,

Just paid and submitted my form. However the adviser informed me that I will still need to submit a defence by 4PM today as the N244 might not be processed straight away and they could request judgement tomorrow. Is this the case? If so, what do I need to put on the defence? Just that I have submitted an N244?

Thanks

Comment

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've only got 3 hours left to submit the defence.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

When you spoke them them on the phone did you get the application submitted and the fee paid ?

There is no requirement to file defence before submitting an application. However it seems to be a bone of contention with the courts at the moment and court staff don't appear to know ass from elbow - no default judgment should be entered so long as you have the application in and paid for, and if it is, it is easily overturned. A default judgment isn't an automatic process - the claimants have to apply for it after the defence date has passed.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying.

I got the fee paid and emailed the paperwork but they said they couldn't confirm they had received the paperwork or when it would be processed as there was currently a backlog of them.

I seem to have been given different advice every time I have rang up but the woman today said that I should submit a defence by 4PM to avoid the claimant requesting judgement tomorrow.

So would you just leave the defence and hope the form is processed in time?

Thanks again.

Comment

Send a copy of the application submitted to the court to Bryan Carter (then they can't say they didn't know about the application)
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X