• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NHS dentists and chips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHS dentists and chips

is it illegal for NHS dentist to implant an rfid chip in someone's tooth without their consent? if this has happened what steps must the person take? also what happens if an NHS surgeon implants an rfid chip into someone without their consent? what rights does the person have?
    I am talking about myself. I am a law abiding citizen who has been chipped and harassed no end.
    Tags: None

Re: NHS dentists and chips

Why on earth would you be chipped and what proof do you have that you have been.
    If you have it must be a serious offence that must be against the law and must be investigated

Comment

I wasn't aware that such implants were even legal in the UK! :noidea:

Comment

Rfid chips are sometimes used in the making of false teeth, crowns and bridges, it appaerently registers all the work carried out producing the teeth and is used as a time saving device as far as recording and recalling details of what work is needed should replacements or adjustments be required.
        http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?1206

Comment

Err

They actually state the RFID chip is placed in the cast used to create some of those things, and that a similar chip is placed onto a card that is given to the patient that thjey can then present to the dentist at future visits

As said above, do you have proof that one has been implanted in your teeth, and if it has, what data do you believe it would transmit?

Comment

"Each time an operator carries out work on the prosthesis, details of that work are written to the tag in the die including the date, the name of the operator and the materials employed including their lot numbers, which can identify the date of manufacturing and the materials used.

Before delivering the prosthesis to the dentist, the lab retrieves the data contained in the die’s RFIDchip and copies to a smart card also fitted with a PicoPass chip. The dentist can then pass on to the patient. “The advantage of such a card is that if a patient requires another prosthesis for other teeth at another stage in his life, he can present it to the practitioner, who will retrieve all the data related to all the prostheses of the patient,” says Cachia. - See more at: http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?1206#sthash.lECbYCYf.dpuf"

Comment

is a prosthesis a filling?

Comment

Originally posted by arttastic View Post
                I doubt it.

A filling is a repair. The original remains.
                A prosthesis is a substitute for the original.

Comment

No its not illegal, as it can not be used to trace you by current location like in sci-fi movies. Its simply a record of materiel's and data on your dentures implants, that can only be used to identify you if deceased via your dental records. Or alternative to make replacements dentures or is you need more they will know exactly what they need to know to make it, without having to go through everything again and therefore likely mean less appointments being needed.
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by arttastic View Post
                    A prosthesis is an artifical body part, therefore in dental terms that would include false teeth, bridges, crowns and fillings.

Comment

But again, it is placed into the die, not the actual item fitted to you and no, this does not include fillings as they would not require such detailed construction

Again OP, what makes you think you have one inside your mouth, and what information do you believe is on it?

Comment

Any form of dental treatment being carried out needs consent, written consent and verbal consent, see General Dental Council's webiste, for information.

Comment

No, there is not an RFID chip in the dentures. The chip is in the mould for making the denture and records the work done. The data is written to a smart card and given to you when you get your dentures (or kept by the dentist.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                            No, there is not an RFID chip in the dentures. The chip is in the mould for making the denture and records the work done. The data is written to a smart card and given to you when you get your dentures (or kept by the dentist.
                            I live in US and after being by dentist I started to hear the sounds during the sleep. It is very annoying and it is not happening while I am sleeping during the day. By the way it is a crazy story - my computer is hacked and I am bullied by the group of people for years.

But back to my dentist:
                            He also did perform a small operation - he did cut some of my gums and did not tell me anything. I just had swollen face for several days and the part of the face did not move at all as he used anesthesia. I went back to the office and he denied this. But I heard clearly that he said to his assistant 'cut' and she answered 'whatsoever'. When I confronted him again he admitted.

Does anyone know: are X rays good enough to check if he did implant something else? By the way the work he did was on the bridge (3 teeth together). He is researcher specialized in implants and professor at university.

Is it possible to implant something so that person could hear sounds (frequencies) on subconscious level. I never hear anything except while sleeping. And as I don't hear anything while I am sleeping during the day, this everything is very bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Ena View Post
                              I live in US and after being by dentist I started to hear the sounds during the sleep. It is very annoying and it is not happening while I am sleeping during the day. By the way it is a crazy story - my computer is hacked and I am bullied by the group of people for years.

But back to my dentist:
                              He also did perform a small operation - he did cut some of my gums and did not tell me anything. I just had swollen face for several days and the part of the face did not move at all as he used anesthesia. I went back to the office and he denied this. But I heard clearly that he said to his assistant 'cut' and she answered 'whatsoever'. When I confronted him again he admitted.

Does anyone know: are X rays good enough to check if he did implant something else? By the way the work he did was on the bridge (3 teeth together). He is researcher specialized in implants and professor at university.

Is it possible to implant something so that person could hear sounds (frequencies) on subconscious level. I never hear anything except while sleeping. And as I don't hear anything while I am sleeping during the day, this everything is very bizarre.
                              Hello welcome to LB,

It is unlikely that we can assist you with this problem, UK processes and regulation of Dental Surgeons are somewhat different from those I the US.

I do know that such chips are used for monitoring dental prostheses while work is in process, usually ordered by an orthodontist and a dental laboratory.

I have never heard of such chips being implanted in a patient.

There have been incidents of radio wave reception when certain types of metallic repair substances ( fillings) come into
                              contact with saliva.

You should seek qualified advice locally.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X