• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yello v shopacheck CCA Lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yello v shopacheck CCA Lowells

Hi guy would appreciate any advise given
    I recently received tons of letters off Lowell witch I ignored no I have one off Hampton legal saying court action will be taken .the dedt is for a 225 shoper check loan I thought I paid in 2012 I have rang Lowell and spoke to a guy who was quite pleasant. I asked if I could have a copy of my cca he said they do not have one as shopper check don't do them and I no I signed for this loan so that is a lie he then also said they would not be able to obtain one as the company went in to liquidation last year Lowell have also defaulted my credit report. What do I do here can any one give me any advise thanks
    Last edited by enaid; 13th May 2014, 11:09:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell pestering me help

You need to make the CCA request in writing with a £1 postal order payable to Lowells. If they do not produce 1 with 14 days (+2 days to allow for postage), then they are in default. Whilst they are in default they can not enforce the debt in court.

If as they say they do not have a copy of the CCA, then they have no evidence to support that you ever had a loan or that you had an agreement.

Lowells agent lied to you when he said they do not do credit agreements as it is a legal requirement for them to produce and agreement for you to sign and for them to sign before they can issue the loan.

What was the date of the default that lowell placed on your credit file? Was it from the time last payment was made or due?

Do you have any bank or card statements showing you paid in full?

By the way shoppacheck is still trading - http://www.shopacheck.co.uk/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=shopper _check_exact&utm_campaign=Brand_Misspells&gclid=CL iw8tTdqL4CFRQbtAodvRAAHQ
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Re: Lowell pestering me help

Hi teaboy 2 it was a door step lender who came weekly I have a default for the dedt off shopercheck from 12/7/12 and one from lowell from 4/5/2014 fo same dedt they have bought

Comment

Re: Lowell help

The court letter is from hamptons legal with is part of Lowell group it states if unless payment is not payd in full or arrangement i. Place by 18/5/14 they will seek permission from there client to proceed with this assessment and make are recommendation ..... Then if we take you to court what should I do just send letter asking for cca is that the best course of action thanks

Comment

Cca Lowell say they don't have to provid one

Hi guys lowell have said to me over the phone they do not have to provide me with a credit agreement as my loan was with shoper check a door step lender simlier to provident ect is this true
          thanks

Comment

Re: Cca Lowell say they don't have to provid one

They say as I would of provided id utility bill ect that is all they need

Comment

Originally posted by Yello View Post
              Hi guys lowell have said to me over the phone they do not have to provide me with a credit agreement as my loan was with shoper check a door step lender simlier to provident ect is this true
              thanks
              Unless they can demonstrate why it would be exempt, if it is a commercial loan it should have an agreement. Was it for over fifty pounds ?

Comment

Yes the dedt is 225 is the out standing balance they state

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
                  Unless they can demonstrate why it would be exempt, if it is a commercial loan it should have an agreement. Was it for over fifty pounds ?
                  They say they state the outstanding balance is 225

Comment

thanks
                    You need to send them the CCA request in writing as noted here, I'd be inclined to go for the 'in depth' version that makes provision for a debt purchaser arguing they are not the creditor: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement

This letter should be send recorded delivery with a PO for £1, and signed digitally using a computer font rather than your real signature. :thumb:

If this was a catalogue account, there may not be an agreement, which would make it unenforceable. Any idea how long ago you opened the account? :noidea:

They say as I would of provided id utility bill ect that is all they need
                    I don't understand this, why would you provide them with utility bills? :confused2: You don't need to provide that info to request a copy of your agreement. :nono:

Comment

They say the utility bills ect is all they need as proof I had debt last paid on 12/7/12

Comment

The consumer credit act superseded the money lenders act, which was specifically designed for this kind of lender.

How much was the original credit for ?

Comment

300 pound I think they said ahopercheck went in to liquiadtion when it has not

Comment

300 pound I think they said ahopercheck went in to liquiadtion when it has not
                            Registered Office: 2 A C Court, High Street, Thames Ditton, Surrey, KT7 0SR.
                            Creditor - Shopacheck Financial Services Limited. Company no: 7067456
                            Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Still live and kicking, there's a shopacheck shop down the road from me.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hamptons legal/lowell

Hi guys
                              Hampton legal/ lowell chasing 225 shopercheck dedt last payment made 12-7-12 I am disputing I have asked for a cca to be told that this type of lender do not do credit aggrement's as they are I door step lender and when I took the loan out I would of shown proof of id an this is all they need to prove the loan is mine is this true
                              thanks for any advise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X