• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

charging order hearing in need of some advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: charging order hearing in need of some advice

Just a couple of comments.

If it was me, I wouldn't be saying I'm happy to review this figure and increase the payments, etc. If they don't insist in a review, I wouldn't mention it. I know people who've been paying £5/month on their CCJs since the 90s, without reviews. I wouldn't suggest it myself.

Also the above doesn't appear to offer any real objection to a CO, nor does it request specific conditions to be attached, i.e.: "no order for sale as long as sick wife is living in the property and/or as long as the £5/month payments are maintained."

Comment

T'is what the court want to hear, ie that this situation is temporary and you're doing everything in your power to sort it and expect things to improve.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thank you both for your comments,

i agree with what FP is saying but i also understand exactly what amethyst means,

i am going to play safe i think as i am sure our situation will improve and get better, i fully intend to continue my research and learning and believe i will find some remedy in this case, once friday has been and gone i will post the results and then continue to keep this thread alive.

FP i think you will have fun with what happened and hope you will continue to read and post in this thread but for now i am going to play safe and try and get myself some time.

i will complete the statement and the FS, if you dont mind amethyst i will send the finished articles to the e mail address you provided before i print off and send

thank you so much for all your help

Comment

Not a problem at all xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

amethyst,

it has now been completed and sent to e mail address:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

All done Hope it all goes okay for you.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Once this is dealt with can we look at your solicitors because they should easily have defended at least the PPI portion of that claim.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi all,

well well well,

just received the post this afternoon and the wonderful council have employed solicitors to issue proceedings for a charging order on our property, the letter is dated 10th june and is made on the back of a court order issued by a "court officer" based on 2 liability orders issued in the past. Neither of which i have ever seen one is for the year in which we have been trying to get the rebate we were entitled to.

and the 2nd was issued on a date i appeared at court and never saw a magistrate in sight throughout my 3 hour stay!!

also i have made several payments towards this in the last 4/5 weeks so dont know why they are asking for the full amount against my property.

also i never had the opportunity to defend the CC case which went before a " court officer" as i knew NOTHING about it!

this one i will fight to the bitter end.

never rains when it pours does it

Comment

Right Don't panic, get this one sent off in the post then get the council letter uploaded for us and we'll help much as we can.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Once this is dealt with can we look at your solicitors because they should easily have defended at least the PPI portion of that claim.
                      to be honest on this i didnt have a solicitor until right near the very end, it wasnt until then that i realised that i was a member of the 'law club' at work and had been from the beginning (sigh), they can only offer advice over the phone and you cannot send or receive documents via post e mail or anything, but they are trained solicitors. He was quite confident going into the trial that i had an opportunity to at least get the costs cancelled as they had not filed a witness statement into the case and had been in possession of mine for well over 3 months , through a bit of dishonest postal trickery.

but as i have said before the judge ignored everything i said and did on the day so i i lost comprehensively

Comment

Is this lawyers employed by your work or an external provider ? Just nosey and interested.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Is this lawyers employed by your work or an external provider ? Just nosey and interested.
                          hi amethyst,

paperwork posted to court, printer decided to run out of ink so the FS is not brilliant but i have gone over it with a black pen so will have to be ok, not having a great day.

do you know i dont actually know ? i will endeavor to find out for you and will let you know

Comment

Right Don't panic, get this one sent off in the post then get the council letter uploaded for us and we'll help much as we can.
                            Hi amethyst,

i didnt actually panic when i saw these, as i knew what it was regarding, just a roll of the eyes.

i am quite prepared to take these on, they have treated us like dirt, they have lied about things and refused to help in any way. I have always been honest have turned up to all summons hearings ( except for the 1st one as i knew nothing about it) i have been to 3 now, i have never once laid eyes on a magistrate let alone appeared before one.

all summonses have been sent by the council with their return address on, not one has been sent by the court. I have never received a liability order just a letter from the council stating they have been granted one.

i have provided them with all information they have requested in visits,letters, phone calls and court 'hearings' except i have NOT provided my employer so they can steal my wages.

they even summoned me to appear falsely and when i challenged them 'at' court they dragged me into a side room couldnt apologise enough and ushered me out of court as fast as they could. bloody cost me in lost wages to attend as well.

would love to charge them for my time and effort in righting their wrongs perhaps i could issue a claim for 16,577.78 and clear the other debt (lol)

would i be better starting a new thread for this do you think?

Comment

sorry guys but is their a section on council tax? i havent been able to find one, dont want to post in the wrong section ?

Comment

As they are going for charging orders you're probably best off in this section to be honest xx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X