• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

False accusations and voluntary interview for racing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False accusations and voluntary interview for racing.

Hello.
    six weeks ago at 11.40 pm I was driving and my girlfriend suddenly felt sick, as well I had a terrible stomach due to a dodgy curry. I was driving down a road in a 30 doing a bit over the limit. Another car came racing up behind me ( my car is modified so police look out for them sorts anyway ) I went over and island and carried on with this car behind me. He came aside me and over took, I carried on over the limit trying to get to her house ASAP otherwise she would have been sick in the car, i would have ended up going to the toilet in the car, I got to traffic lights and police came up next to me and told me to pull over. So I did a bit confused and thought I was just getting a smack on the wrist for speeding a bit. He came to my window and cautioned me ! I was in shock. He then continued to explain that I was in trouble for racing on a public highway and excessive speeding!!! At this point my girlfriend got out the car and threw up and I explained that's why I was doing over the legal limit.
    he then continued to tell me that it took him ages to catch up with me, at 60 so I must I've been doing in excess of 70! Which isn't true at all.
    i didn't even see any police. When the other guy over took me I looked in my mirror and there was no one behind him the road was clear.
    He then called traffic which checked my car over, and said it as all okay.
    he also had his colleague with him who has had it in for me since the day I passed my test, accusing me saying his colleague saw me doing 140 mph in a 30 zone and hand breaking in car parks. Which is strange as my handbreak didn't work and my car was a 1.2 litre which I'm pretty sure I couldn't even get to that speed.. Also the fact I was in bed when he said my reg was seen. But he never followed that up he just said I was seen.
    anyway
    2 weeks later I got a letter containing a section 3 basically saying if I'm seen driving any vehicle in a dangerous manner it will be seized.

i have just recently got a new job which requires transport, and me and my girlfriend are now engaged. So I wanted to take a nice, mature adult care out on finance as I've grown up from all the modification things. But I had this whole case in my mind as he said that he'd see me in court next time we spoke.
    so I emailed him today first off apologising, then asking what's happening now.

in which reply I got this : Thank you for your communication of ******** via email.I have just sent a letter by post to you with regard to attending for a voluntary interview, prior to my seeking a charging decision. The decision to attend an interview is a matter for you, I would appreciate your decision as soon as you can.
    It has taken some time due to my only recently contacting the other party involved in the allegation.

i really don't know what to do, I wasn't racing for a start and I was doing no way near the speeds I was accused of.
    I've only been driving for 1 year and 4 months so I could lose my license with ease. Which I need for work reasons.
    Im really worried about this whole situation and what to do.
    Any help at all will be appreciated.
    thank you.
    Dom
    Tags: None

Re: False accusations and voluntary interview for racing.

If they decide to take you to Court you will have a chance to defend Unlikely the speeding to avoid her throwing up in the car will work you could have stopped.
    Everything in court is your word against the Police hard to see any outcome but conviction and point which may mean you lose your licence keep your fingers crossed its out of your hands until the Police decide what to do.

Comment

Re: False accusations and voluntary interview for racing.

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      If they decide to take you to Court you will have a chance to defend Unlikely the speeding to avoid her throwing up in the car will work you could have stopped.
      Everything in court is your word against the Police hard to see any outcome but conviction and point which may mean you lose your licence keep your fingers crossed its out of your hands until the Police decide what to do.
      im pretty sure he was charging me for racing on a public highway not speeding, which I 100% wasn't doing! But thanks for the reply!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X