• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR Financial Ombudsman Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR Financial Ombudsman Service

Morning, loving the new look of the website....but I couldn't find the area for DPA issues. Sorry.

So I emailed the FOS this morning in order to get a copy of my file they hold as I'd like to see what they did with a complaint I had, here's the reply I got just now.

We do not share full copies of the information which we hold in connection with a complaint with either party to that complaint nor will you obtain this information via a request to us. You can however, obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you under the Data Protection Act 1998 by making a subject access request. A subject access request is not an entitlement to be provided with specific documents or an entire file as such, but to be provided with information constituting the requestor's 'personal data' in an intelligible and permanent form. The Data Protection Act 1998 defines 'personal data' as:
    "data which relate to a living individual who can be identified -
    a) from those data, or
    b) from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller, and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual".

Should you wish to make a subject access request, please contact us with the following:
    Is it just me or are they saying I can have a copy but I can't??! I might just pay the £10 for the laugh of seeing what I get.....maybe I should go back to bed!
    Tags: None

Re: SAR Financial Ombudsman Service

A few years ago I SAR FOS,and received a huge bundle of documents, many of which I had never seen before, as the Bank had withheld them
    It was a real eye opener and worth every penny of the £10 fee

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
      A few years ago I SAR FOS,and received a huge bundle of documents, many of which I had never seen before, as the Bank had withheld them
      It was a real eye opener and worth every penny of the £10 fee
      That was what I was hoping for!

Thanks for letting me know, SAR will be going off today in that case.

Comment

One of the problems with FOS is that either party may supply FOS with documents on a confidential basis. In my case at the time the Bank used confidential status on loads of documents to avoid disclosure to me and only authorised FOS to disclose them to me after I had rejected the offer of compensation and the date for acceptance of the offer had expired.

Comment

Ah ok, this is about a dead complaint anyway, one that was in process of being investigated and then I withdrew because I lacked faith in FOS but I'd like to see what they hold about it.
          I've made the SAR now so will wait and see.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X