• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ received in wrong name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ received in wrong name

Please advise. I received a ccj in a previous married name . I have been remarried for 5 years . I chose to ignore it ( I know!) and have now received an attachment of earnings form . All of this is in my previous name and I have no idea what it is for it says Lowell financial on the court form and is for over Ł3000 .
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ received in wrong name

Are you aware of any outstanding debt to anyone taken out in your previous name or joint with your ex partner?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

The only one I can think of was barclaycard but I thought that had been cleared . I have a bank account with Barclays and a barclaycard now so would have thought if it was that they would have contacted me

Comment

What was the date of the judgement ?

Comment

14 December 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzee View Post
            14 December 2013
            Was this a default judgement ? in other words not acknowledged ?

Comment

Yes it was

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzee View Post
                Yes it was
                Just exploring possibilities, was the account and service of documents relating to the debt/ hearing sent to your current address ?

Comment

Yes they were ( I appreciate you interest and help )

Comment

What would happen if you just ignored those forms? I mean how are CCJs enforced, say, if you have moved? What about if you have a CCJ and have left the country?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
                      What would happen if you just ignored those forms? I mean how are CCJs enforced, say, if you have moved? What about if you have a CCJ and have left the country?
                      If they have a judgment they can require the information to enforce a AOE unfortunately.

Is the sum claimed just the judgement sum or have they added any post judgement interest.

Comment

What about if someone has left the UK?

What happens if you just ignore the forms and don't send them back, I mean how are these enforced in practice?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X