• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Just got this :tinysmile_aha_t::

Just log in to Online Services using the PIN and password which you set up when you registered for the service. You'll then be asked to verify

your information otherwise, your account will be disabled. Please click the link bellow:

http://nwolbrefererident.default9539...XBlcEBhb2wuY29
    pretending to be from Natwest

Comment

That site has now been reported as a web forgery and anyone who clicks it should see this

Instead of this

Attached Files
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I find the salutation hilarious! msl: msl:

This is supposed to be from "corporate HQ", yet it's addressed to " MY DEAR" :lol:
        WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFERWORLDWIDE:OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.
        Email: (unionmwester@kimo.com)

ATTN; MY DEAR,

Information reaching us from our corporate headquarters now, states that you only have 48hours to effect payment for the activation of your MTCN to enable you cash up your first $5000:00 from your Total (fund) since you are finding it difficult to make this payment we have decided that you are to go ahead and pay whatever you have at hand for the activation fee since you are not able to come up with the required sum, time is of the essence here.

You are to pay what ever you have at hand for the activation fee; we will activate your MTCN upon receipt of this payment. here is the payment for the $5000usd but we have pick it up because the chairman of the western union say that before you pick that money you must pay any amount you have at hand out of listed Amount bellow ok.

And you can Tracking it right now with our website www.westernunion.com before you going to western union to send the activation fee of any Amount you have at hand out of listed mount and see that the money was picked up by my assistant Accountant officer who send the money to you and here is the
        information

Sender name:--------Name;Helen macDonald
        MTCN:-------------- 773 119 1897
        Text Question-------How long?
        Text Answer---------Today
        AMOUNT --------$5000.00USD

Be informed that you will have to pay the balance sum of your activation upon cashing up of your first $5,000.00USD, also I am using this medium to inform you that failure to pay the balance sum will leave us with no option but to deactivate your MTCN of which you will and can never cash up the balance,so I want you to send any Amount have at hand for the activation fee out of list

Amount with the information bellow.

1.receiver name:...Mr Obunso Mike
        2.country:.........Nigeria.
        3.city :...........Lagos
        4.test question:....when?
        5.test answer:.....NOW
        sender name Address.....
        6.amount you Sent $55.00usd, 47.00usd $49.00usd or $40.00usd

send us the MTCN number immediately you send the money and immediately we confirm the transfer fee we will send you the first receipt of your $5000 today and not tomorrow

Best Regards
        Rev Dr Jeff Coker
        email address;(dr_jeffcoker@ymail.com
        Rev Dr Jeff Coker Operations Manager.Western Union Department

---
        This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
        http://www.avast.com

Comment

I seem to be very well known in Nigeria! :lol: :lol:

IMMEDIATE ATM CARD PAYMENTOFFICE OF THE CHIEF AUDITOR TO THE PRESIDENT,
          INTERNATIONAL CREDIT SETTLEMENT

DEAR VALUED BENEFICIARY,

WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT YOU ARE STILL DEALING WITH THE NONE OFFICIALS IN THE BANK. WE WISH TO ADVISE YOU THAT SUCH AN ILLEGAL ACT HAS TO STOP IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT, SINCE A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM HAS BEEN APPROVED. MEANWHILE, YOUR PAYMENT HAS BEEN ARRANGED THROUGH OUR SWIFT CARD PAYMENT CENTER ASIA PACIFIC. THIS IS THE LATEST INSTRUCTION FROM JONATHAN GOODLUCK, NEW PRESIDENT, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA , ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (EFCC) AS WELL AS THE INTERPOL AND FBI. IT HAS BEEN MADE EASY AND APPROVED BY JONATHAN GOODLUCK FOR ANY UNPAID CONTRACTORS / INHERITANCE FUNDS TO RECEIVE THEIR PAYMENT WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY.

THE ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER HAS BEEN MANDATED TO ISSUE OUT $1,500,000.00 AS PART PAYMENT FOR THIS FISCAL YEAR 2014. REPEATEDLY, YOU SHOULD STOP ANY FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH ANY OTHER PERSON(S) OR OFFICE(S) TO AVOID ANY DELAY IN RECEIVING YOUR PAYMENT. THIS CARD CENTER WILL SEND YOU AN ATM CARD, WHICH YOU WILL USE TO WITHDRAW YOURMONEY IN ANY ATM MACHINE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD. PLEASE LET US KNOW BY CONTACTING THE ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR AND ALSO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS LISTED BELOW.

1. FULL NAME
          2. PHONE AND FAX NUMBER
          3. ADDRESS TO SEND YOUR ATM CARD
          4. YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCUPATION
          5. ATTACHED COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION

HOWEVER, KINDLY FIND BELOW THE CONTACT PERSON:

DR.ANDY OJEI
          DIRECTOR, ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT, (CBN)
          TELEPHONE: +234-1-704-293-2901
          EMAIL: INFORONLINE@swissmail.com

NOTE THAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE HEREBY ISSUED YOU OUR CODE OF CONDUCT, WHICH IS (ATM-811) SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS CODE WHEN CONTACTING THE CARD CENTER BY USING IT AS YOUR SUBJECT.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
          MRS ANA. GHEBAN.
          CHIEF AUDITOR TO THE PRESIDENT
          FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Comment

Not really a scam but irratating rubbish - love the congress/parliament bit

Hi
            Sharon, your mate James here.

This is just a quick email, rather than bothering you with a call. I trust you are well ?

I wanted to see if you've been injured lately at home or work ?

If so then parliament/congress is willing to compensate you.

It's shocking that 7 out of 10 people in the country who were injured don't bother claiming the compensation they are legally entitled to.

Don't become one of them! It takes only 30 seconds to get the amount of money your entitled to.

Get your quid today.

crap link removed ... to see how much you will receive.

Cheers,
            James
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Makes you wonder why Nigeria is a poor country when there'$ $o much ca$h floating around!
              Date: 21 April 2014 01:53:11 BST
              Subject: Independent National Electoral Commission ...
              Reply-To: <drjoelewis2@yahoo.com.hk>
              Independent National Electoral Commission
              Plot 436 Zambezi Crescent,
              Maitama District, Abuja
              Office TEL: 234-14-926-173,FAX: 234-1-759-4355
              Mobile: 234-70-4060-9688

Dear Friend,

It is my warmest pleasure writing you this confidential business letter with a view that you will accept my request and give me positive response hence, time is essence.

I am the Chief Financial Director of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). this organization responsible for the conduct of all elections recently held in my country, Nigeria. However, the last military Government of Nigeria gave my organizations One Billion United States Dollars (US$1Billion) to conduct all the elections beginning from Local Government Elections, State House of Assembly, Governorship, House of Representatives, Senate and the Presidential Election.

Consequently, all the various stages of the elections were conducted with the fund disbursed to us by the government to conduct these elections. We utilized Eight hundred million United States Dollars (US$800M) only out of the total fund for conducting this election.Having concluded the various stages of the elections and elected Officers including the president Sworn into office in may 29th 2007. Two Hundred Million United States Dollars (US$200M) was left in our treasury Account and as the Chief Financial Director of (INEC), I had given a financial analysis to the Government prior to handing over to the new administration to the successful incoming President (Late Umaru Musa Yar'Adua).

In view of this, I in confidence require your assistance to allow us to work with you in this project by transferring the sum of Fifty five Million United States Dollars (US$55M) into your Corporate or Private Account pending when we will proceed to your country in order to meet with you for the disbursement of the fund accordingly we have tender to the authorities that the sum of One Hundred and Forty Five Million United States Dollars (US$145M) only, was remaining in our treasury account.

With this development the sum of Fifty five Million United States Dollars (US$55M) will be secretly transferred into an overseas account for both of us benefits since other Top government Officials from other parastatals are transferring very huge amount that is more than this into many countries in the world based on where they have their own contact even the current President, Ministers, Senators and Governors of my country are more richer than the businessmen in the country.

NOTE: This transaction is top confidential because I am still in service and would not like this information to be heard anywhere. For assisting us in this project we are ready to give you 22% of the total sum upon the successful transfer of this fund with your assistance. However, 75% of the total sum would be for us (Nigeria Partners) while the remaining 3% of the total has been earmarked to take care of expenses made by both partners (Yourself and Nigeria Partners) during the cost of the transaction.

Every arrangement towards this fund transfer has been worked out hence the reason why we require your positive response and immediate assistance we are sure of concluding this deal within Ten working days of your acceptance and after which the money will be remitted into your account by telegraphic wire transfer through the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN).

You are absolutely assured that there is no risk involved in your participation, besides, be notified that this transaction must remain Top Secret and Confidential between us until the fund is successfully transferred into your account.

Further details would be conveyed to you once I receive your reply and then I will brief you on what is required from you to execute this transaction.

Thank you immensely for your urgent and favorable attention to this letter.

Yours Truly,

Dr.J. Lawis

Email drjlawis2@yahoo.com.hk

Comment

I know its not fair...its not right...and its not legal...and in no way do I tolerate it or except it...BUT...in one way I look at it as survival of the fittest , Mankinds way of one less off person wanting from a more well off person ...its how we have been dealing with each other for thousands of years...Usually we would burn villages ,rape and kill ect...Strength and courage helped win in times gone by, now every village in the whole world can take from any other village depending on how cunning they are...errr...type of thing...Its modern day survival of the fittest IMO...even tho they are scamming ba**erds.

Comment

GIF89a1
                  Dear Customer,
                  This e-mail has been sent to you by BT to inform you that we were unable to process your last Bill payment.This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information. (eg: billing address, phone)
                  2. Submitting incorrect Payment information during bill payment process.

Due to this, to ensure that your service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your billing information today

by clicking here. [LINKY REMOVED BY ME]

Regards,
                  BT Billing Department

Comment

Had one in junk, supposedly from Court Services ( checked address appeared to be Arizona)
                    Supposed to click a link and respond otherwise it would be heard in my absence.
                    No idea what the link was as fire wall and anti virus would not open it !
                    Name of Donna King at the end ( dont know why but that name rings a bell)
                    Reported and deleated
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

eBay sent this message to your registered xxxxx.com.
                      Your registered name is included to help confirm this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
                      MC081 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Please confirm your registration information
                      Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We want to help sellers be successful on eBay. In order to encourage behaviours that will result in success, we sometimes limit, restrict, or suspend activity on an account. When we do, the member needs to address and resolve any concerns that resulted in the limit, restriction, or suspension before buying or selling on any other accounts.

When we notice an association between accounts and one of them is limited, restricted, or suspended, we may ask the member to confirm their identity. To determine if 2 accounts are connected, we may look at financial information, contact information, or buying and selling activity.

It looks like your account is associated with another. As such, you will not be able to sell on eBay until we are able to confirm your identity. In order to confirm your identity please click on the following link and complete all required information.

Click here to confirm your identity

If you know that the account is yours, you'll need to resolve all outstanding issues before contacting us. When any prior restrictions or suspensions on that account have been lifted, we'll be able to restore selling to your eBay account. Please note that if your account is new and your selling has been limited, we won't be able to increase your selling allowance until you've established a reputation as a trusted seller.

You can view more information on seller performance standards and effective selling practices here:
                      htt://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

-- Important --
                      Please don't use or register another account until you confirm your identity and have regained full access to all of your accounts. To do so will either result in further restrictions or the suspension of your eBay account.

You can review our policy here:
                      htt://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/rfe-previously-suspended.html

We appreciate your cooperation.

Kind Regards,
                      eBay
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Bit obvious this one;

PLEASE HELP ME

Dear Friend

I am Mr. Abdoul Issouf ,I work for BOA bank Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. I have a business proposal which concerns the transfer of $13.5 M USD into a foreign account. Everything about this transaction shall be legally done without any problem. If you are interested to help me, I will give you more details as soon as I receive your positive response. You will be entitled to 40%, 60% will be for me,. If you are willing to work with me, send me immediately the information listed bellow.

If you are willing to work with me, Kindly respond to my proposal via my private email address for security and confidential reasons

Name…………………..

Nationality……………..

Age……………………..

Sex.............................

Occupation……………..

Home Telephone...............

Private Telephone…………....

Address………………………………

Thanks

Mr. Abdoul Issouf
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Dear Valued Customer,

We noticed irregular activities on your Nationwide bank account.
                          For your protection, You are required to answer the verification questions correctly as the primary owner before we can re-open your account for use.
                          We will review the activities on your account and remove any restrictions placed on your account.

UPGRADE HERE NOW

Greg Reed

Comment

Yet another offer of mi££ion$ coming my way!

Message From Yolandi Mouton
                            Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa.
                            E-mail: m_yolandi@yahoo.co.jp

Dear,

I am writing this mail to you with heavy tears In my eyes and great sorrow in my heart,I contacted you after going through your profile i pray over it, late will of God be don in this transfer.I am Miss. Yolandi Mouton the only daugther of late Mr. Bello mouton,. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant and gold in Abidjan, the economic capital of Cote d'Ivoire, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip .

My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father on April 2012 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of Seven Million Four hundred thousand united states dollars only. ($7.400,000) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his only daugther for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as real estate management or hotel management .

Dear, I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways: (1) To provide a bank account into which this money would be transferred to . (2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 21years. (3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover, Dear, i am willing to offer you 20% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas. Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within four (4) days you signify interest to assist me. I will wait to hear from you soon.

Bestregards,

Miss. Yolandi.

Comment

i have ended up with a few funny spam mails several from banks i have nothing to do with sayin i need 2 change my password 4 my online banking but few times i have got emails supposedly from paypal saying theres an issue with my paypal account but if u look at the addy it came from very closely it isnt a genuine paypal addy just one that starts off the same with a long string of crap after it

Comment

Originally posted by sonic71 View Post
                                i have ended up with a few funny spam mails several from banks i have nothing to do with sayin i need 2 change my password 4 my online banking but few times i have got emails supposedly from paypal saying theres an issue with my paypal account but if u look at the addy it came from very closely it isnt a genuine paypal addy just one that starts off the same with a long string of crap after it
                                Yes, these are very common, I've been getting phishing emails purporting to be from banks since 2001, not just from the UK banks but also the Commonwealth Bank, ANZ Bank, First National Bank, etc.

Also lots of emails saying my PayPal account has been restricted etc. If you look at the email addresses themselves, they are not genuine, nor are the webpages they link to, the domains could be anything. If you hover over the link without clicking, you can see the URL it links to, and it won't be the real bank or Paypal site.

It's a good idea to report the phishing emails, although I've been doing so since 2001 and still receive them.

How to report them: https://reportlite.actionfraud.police.uk/ :thumb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X