• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amex wrongful default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amex wrongful default

Hi,
    After checking my credit report yesterday, Amex have been very naughty and entered a new default date! This is not allowed is it? It was defaulted around about 2008/9 - was passed to every DCA known to man, now the acct has come back to me, fair enough - but no way do I want the new default date! They can't default me twice on the same debt? What do I do about this please.
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Amex wrongful default

Nope only one default date(the earliest), contact them and get them to rectify.

Comment

That will be fun, they will fob me off! Cheeky blighters! Thank you - will write to them.

Comment

Oooh they haven't done this! Just slapped a new default date without telling me!

32 Lenders should tell their customers about filing information with a credit reference agency as part of the account opening procedure, in line with the requirements of the ‘fair processing code’4. This explanation will not normally refer explicitly to defaults and will often be distant from the events which cause them. Therefore we strongly recommend that a notice of the intention to file a default should be served. Many lenders now subscribe to trade association codes of practice which require this. This practice helps the transparency of the credit reference process and may even prompt payment, so avoiding the need to file a default at all.

Comment

Few questions:

Do you have a credit report showing the original default and it's date?

Is this a new default under Amex's name or a change of default date on the pre-existing one (if you can tell)?

Or is it a new default in the name of a DCA?

If you can post up the details of both the old and new then that would be helpful.

Comment

It doesn't make any difference of course to the correct default date. Any agreement can only be defaulted once, and once it is default it cannot be un-defaulted.

So the earliest date would be the correct one.

Comment

Yes, but want to double check exactly what has happened here and who has done it.

For example I went though ages trying to help someone a few months ago and it turned out the were reading the "last updated" date by mistake. Other times people have assumed that the monthly status markers of a D or 8 are new defaults, when in fact they are not. Or a new default by a DCA is not always wrong if the details are the same as the original is marked as assigned to CAIS member etc etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                Yes, but want to double check exactly what has happened here and who has done it.

For example I went though ages trying to help someone a few months ago and it turned out the were reading the "last updated" date by mistake. Other times people have assumed that the monthly status markers of a D or 8 are new defaults, when in fact they are not. Or a new default by a DCA is not always wrong if the details are the same as the original is marked as assigned to CAIS member etc etc...
                Yes i have come across that also OTR, however the important thing I suppose is that it falls off six years after the earlier(not the later) date.

Generally as far as credit scoring is concerned, a default is a default, unless there is some odd circumstance, it matters little to a prospective creditor whether it looks like is was placed there last week or five years ago, I have found.

Comment

Ooops! Just checked report again and you are correct - I read it wrong! Sorry! It was "update" So sorry!!! You had to tick on the box and it shows the default date.

Comment

Originally posted by Kandis View Post
                    Ooops! Just checked report again and you are correct - I read it wrong! Sorry! It was "update" So sorry!!! You had to tick on the box and it shows the default date.
                    No problem. It's an easy thing to do.

Glad it was just an error.

Comment

lol, thanks Nibbler xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X