• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP County Court claim on Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MKDP County Court claim on Barclaycard

Hi Amethyst

Spoke with the court today and it seems that whilst MKDP submitted particulars of claim they did not submit the supporting documents ( or the court lost them ) They are going to refer the query as to what they submitted to the judge and get back to me in 5 days

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      bump for Ms Forgetful ( that's me !) Sorry xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Who is me!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

?????? Not sure what your point is MIke770 ?

Comment

Hi Again . After months of silence I have just today recieved a letter from the court as follows .As the deadline in the order has already passed I assume I need to phone the court and request an extension ? I did recieve the docs on the 29th December but also found out that MKDP had not filed this with the court as per the original order so assumed it would be struck out

Any advice? I will phone the court tomorrow and check if MKPD have responded and if they have then request an extension ( I assume I do not have to fill in a form??) and then will submit a defence

Thanks again
          Attached Files

Comment

Well they haven't given you much time, okay so you have until the 28th to get your defence in to court. Yes I'd give the court a call and ask if the claimant has responded - explain you only received the order today.

Also it sounds like the court have the particulars dated 29th December, are you certain you received them on the 29th - not the 30th? You posted on the 30th on here that you received some documents by SD ....
            30th December 2014, 08:22:AM #75

Hi Again

Spoke to soon on my last post as I recieved the infomation by special delivery today unfortunatley
            So you can tell them what you received on the 30th, and get your defence in for the 28th. Best to speak to the court first as the order has arrived a day later than the deadline.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi again

I phoned the court today and they have said to write in and tell them that I received the order late . I also remember that you are correct as the Particulars of claim was only delivered on the 30th . I have written a letter apologising for missing the deadline and enclosed a copy of the envelope which shows it was only posted on the 21st . I have also stated that i did not get the Particulars on the 29th ( but made no mention of recieving them on the 30th on the proviso that they were late anyway) . I have also stated that I am still awaiting payment of my costs from the 6th october and requested the claim be struck out . Hopefully it will work ?

Comment

Final Update ( i hope) . I recieved a Judgement from the Court today and the case has been struck out . MKDP also has to pay the outstanding fees by the 24th June . They do have option to appeal ( but hopefully they will see sense) . All in All a fantastic result .

So many thanks are due to the Legal Beagles who were so patient and kind enough to take the time to walk me through this step by step . I thought I was reasonable clued up about the law but can honestly say I learnt so much from you all and would not have had this result without your help . You are all fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Gettingthereslow View Post
                  Final Update ( i hope) . I recieved a Judgement from the Court today and the case has been struck out . MKDP also has to pay the outstanding fees by the 24th June . They do have option to appeal ( but hopefully they will see sense) . All in All a fantastic result .

So many thanks are due to the Legal Beagles who were so patient and kind enough to take the time to walk me through this step by step . I thought I was reasonable clued up about the law but can honestly say I learnt so much from you all and would not have had this result without your help . You are all fantastic
                  Great result, for you and those involved well done!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Gettingthereslow View Post
                    Always great to see those chancers beaten. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Someone I know appeared in court three weeks ago today, despite the dodgy documents, MKDP proceeded with the claim all the way to trial, where the judge ruled against them.

WELL DONE! :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X