• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

3GHutchison/Lowell/BWLegal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3GHutchison/Lowell/BWLegal

An extension, if agreed, costs nothing. The application to force compliance with the rules and extend beyond that allowed for in the rules is the one that costs unless exempt from fees.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1.

How can I confirm if I have an extension till the 18th June like BW have suggested, without having it in writing from them?

Do I inform the court? Do they?

B

Comment

You can't really. If by Tuesday they haven't done it then 1 last call to warn them you'll be making an application to the court if they don't email agreement immediately. If they don't then file the application straightaway.

The defendant, you, have the duty to inform the court.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1

So it's best I start getting supporting documentation for fee remission (I'm pretty sure I'm entitled).

Do I do this in person at a county court or via MCOL?

Sorry for bugging you, the deeper I go the more complicated it seems to get.

B

Comment

MCoL via email and phone.

M1

Comment

So after daily early morning phone calls and telephone overview emails to BW Legal I finally received a letter confirming my account is on hold in order for me to file a defence by 18th june.

I need to inform the court of this extension but I'm not sure how to go about it. I find the MCoL site isn't very informative.

B

Comment

Forward it to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk with your note added.

M1

Comment

I have until the 18th to submit my defence, I am in need of help to prepare it.

The replies to the CPR 31.14 and CPR 18 requests said that BW Legal would:

"seek to ensure the information requested is provided in 12 working days (in one reply 14 in the other), however this is contingent on receiving the documentation from the Original Creditor within the aforementioned timescale"

This aforementioned timescale is gone and I have received nothing from then since the 24th of last month which was the letter confirming that they (BW Legal) had placed my account on hold in order for me to file a defence by the 18th of June.

I once again am unsure what I should do/be doing at this point, without the documents I can't really do anything but carry on waiting?

Comment

can someone advise me on what I should be doing, I have to submit my defence in a week and have yet to prepare it.
                    Am still waiting for the documents requested via CPR and the time frame BW Legal gave me has come and gone, do I chase them up? Do I try and get the court to order them to comply or the claim struck or what?
                    Last edited by brucedego; 11th June 2014, 06:53:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Okay, so now you can either apply to the court to order them to come up with your documents, or submit a defence or admission based on the information you have, which isn't a great deal, so your defence really will be telling the court that you've tried to get the claimants to send you the documents from their statement of case as without those you are unable to fully defend or admit the debt.

I'll find an outline for you xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Something like.....

1. The Claimants statement of case fails to adequately or even accurately set out the nature of the Claim.

2. The Defendant feels that the Claimants pleadings are an abuse of process. The statement of case is lacking detail, there are no details as to what the debt relates excepting that the original debt is for a ''non-regulated Communications agreement' alleged to have been agreed with 3gHutchinson.

3. Despite sending requests for information, and agreeing an extension to the deadline for filing of this defence to allow the Claimants a further 28 day to provide information to assist with his defence or admission, the Claimant has not provided any details as to how the sums claimed have accrued, nor any evidence of an agreement with 3gHutchinson, or of their ownership of the alleged debt. The Defendant does not have enough information on the claim form to know what the debt is other than it sounds like a mobile telephone contract (non-regulated Communications agreement)

4. The Defendant recalls having numerous mobile phone contracts over the last ten years but does not recall details of any contract with 3gHutchinson.

5. The Defendant is unable to identify to which account the claim refers to as he does not recognise the account number given in the claim.

6. No date of inception of the account has been given.

7. The claimants state that the account was assigned from 3gHutchinson to Lowell Portfolio on xxxxxxxxxx. The Defendant has not received any notification of this assignment.

8. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore It is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

9. Should the Claimant evidence their claim properly the Defendant reserves the right to plead further and any cost of doing so should be paid by the Claimants.

Statement of Truth
                        The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Nice one Amethyst.

I presume that I cut and paste the above into the defence box on the MCol submission form.

Do I submit now or nearer the 18th?

B

Comment

Originally posted by brucedego View Post
                            Nice one Amethyst.

I presume that I cut and paste the above into the defence box on the MCol submission form.

Do I submit now or nearer the 18th?

B

Well, obviously check the facts stated are correct - eg. 5. The Defendant is unable to identify to which account the claim refers to as he does not recognise the account number given in the claim. - is that the case? and so on, but yes would need to go in to the court if it fits in the online box then yes thats usually easier.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yeah I think I have to change 4. because I currently have a Hutch3g contract that I took out the same day as the one I'm disputing. I have the original agreement for it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X