• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default date dispute.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default date dispute.

Hi everyone, I need some help please.
    This has been going on for a couple of years now and I need to sort it for a mortgage application.

A few years ago i got and Alliance & Leicester account, this had a planned overdraft of £250. I very rarely used this account and then it was only in emergencies.

I bought something for about £150 taking it into the overdraft and i started getting charged. These charges continued to gather pace until i was bordering on the £250 limit so i phoned the bank and asked them how much i needed to pay to clear it. I payed this in full and just to be safe went into the black by about 30p.

A few months later i checked a statement and to my shock it was now £579 overdrawn. Checking my statement it seemed that the bank had charged the overdraft charges for the previous month after i had paid it off. Having thought it was clear i didn't check any statements until this one.

I phoned the bank and they put a stop on the account to stop any more charges accruing. Due to the fact that the bank charges test case was just about to go ahead they said to await the outcome. Obviously the test case was lost so I still had to pay!

The default was put on my Credit File in Jun 2011. The last statement I got was from 16th Aug 08 which was when i put a stop on the account.

The last of my transactions was on 27th Jun 07 which was my wife withdrawing £10 from the cash point at which point i was £113 overdrawn (all charges).

The charges then built up to £189 in May 08 when they cancelled the overdraft and started charging me £5 a day.

I had not actually made any payments into this account from about AUG 06.

From what I understand the actual debt should be SB'd now. How can I get the default date changed to reflect the actual date I defaulted. Do I quote the ICO guidelines of;

'The account has a debit balance (within or outside overdraft limits) but there have not been any or enough credits to service the debt for at least three months'.

Is there a template letter that I could use?

Please please help.

Craig.
    Tags: None

Re: Default date dispute.

If a default added to your credit file is made up solely of charges then this can be challenged.

ICO guidelines state:

A default should not be filed if the amount outstanding is solely made up of fees or charges

Full pdf's can be found here regarding ICO guidance.
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ng-2014-update

Comment

Re: Default date dispute.

It is solely charges except for the £10 my wife withdrew.

How does this change things?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X