• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

capital one debt sent by shoosmiths county court business centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capital one debt sent by shoosmiths county court business centre

Hi I was wondering if anyone can please help me.
    I had a capital one account many years ago but due to financial difficulty and a dispute I had with them I stopped paying.
    More than four years have passed where it's been sent from one company to anther and I just ignored the letters. I have moved a number of times and have never acknowledged my new addresses. I have now received a claim form from shoosmiths solicitors who have sent me a country court business centre court letter from Northampton.
    The claimant is down as global Guernsey limited and I take it that shoosmiths are their solicitor. I don't know what to do I can just about pay my rent as I'm a single mum and in debt with most bills and I can't even remember the last payment that I made to capital one the court form is saying.
    The claimant claim is for the sun of 1499.00 and assigned to the claimant on the 11/02/2011.
    Please can someone advice do I ignore the letter. Do I say they have the wrong address as I have never confirmed my address, I can not pay any of what they are asking and I am so worried its making me ill.
    Tags: None

Re: capital one debt sent by shoosmiths county court business centre

Crystal, I've posted info in your other thread, please keep this all in one place

MODS - can you merge if required please

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rom-shoosmiths

Comment

Hi, I'm in a similar predicament and found this thread very helpful but I was just wondering... when I reply to the County Court Business Centre form do I say that I disagree with the claim or that I need 'Time allowed to reply to this claim'??

Comment

If you want advice on your own case you should start your own thread to keep it separate from this one.

Comment

Originally posted by special1 View Post
            Hi, I'm in a similar predicament and found this thread very helpful but I was just wondering... when I reply to the County Court Business Centre form do I say that I disagree with the claim or that I need 'Time allowed to reply to this claim'??
            If you got a claim from the Northampton Bulk Centre, you should be able to acknowledge service online on the MCOL website, using the P/W printed on the claim. Your options would be to admit the claim in full, defend in full or a part admission. Bear in mind anything other than stating your intention to defend it in full is likely to result in a CCJ without further ado, at least for the amount admitted (if not admitting in full). You can acknowledge service and state your intention to defend in full to get a total of 33 days from date printed on claim, to submit a defence, request documents, etc. :typing:

Comment

Thank you Flaming!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X