• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1St Credit/Moon Beever County Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1St Credit/Moon Beever County Court Claim

Timelilne - issue date 17th April, so 33 days (28+5 for service) from then = 19th May ? for defence (or application).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

okay, thanks a lot Amethyst....I will update you here of any progress at anytime.

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Just a quick questions, first, I mentioned on my early post that I recieved a Notice of Assignment allegedly from Lloyds Bank the paper is dated on 5 May 2013, whilst in the Particular of Claims said 11 November 2013. my 2nd question is, Notice of assignment should be send and received recorded? Is there any significant on part of my defence? Thank you once again for your time for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewing View Post
          Hi everyone,
          Just a quick questions, first, I mentioned on my early post that I recieved a Notice of Assignment allegedly from Lloyds Bank the paper is dated on 5 May 2013, whilst in the Particular of Claims said 11 November 2013. my 2nd question is, Notice of assignment should be send and received recorded? Is there any significant on part of my defence? Thank you once again for your time for me.
          Hi Blue

First things first, the date of the assignment is important, if the notice has a date which does not accord with the deed then it would be bad per Harrison v Burke

Secondly i would say that per Pickthall v Hill Dickinson, the notice cannot give notice of a "future assignment" if it does, then this will be a point that can be taken in any defence.

The notice ought to be sent by registered post per Holwell v Huches, but that in real terms wouldnt be an issue if youre saying you recieved the notice as the reason for registered post is to ensure the debtor recieves notice.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
            Hi Blue

First things first, the date of the assignment is important, if the notice has a date which does not accord with the deed then it would be bad per Harrison v Burke

Secondly i would say that per Pickthall v Hill Dickinson, the notice cannot give notice of a "future assignment" if it does, then this will be a point that can be taken in any defence.

The notice ought to be sent by registered post per Holwell v Huches, but that in real terms wouldnt be an issue if youre saying you recieved the notice as the reason for registered post is to ensure the debtor recieves notice.
            Just to add, if i understand the case right, if the notice of assignment gives notice of an assignment which took place months later, the notice will be bad and the Claim may be open to being struck out
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Thank you pt2537.
              I recieved the mail just drop by our postman from last year, and I recieved a mail as well from this DCA with the same date on their paper (5 May 2013) to confirm that they are now the Data controller of my account. However after I ignoring most of their letters, I catch on my attentions from fews of their letter stating the date of purchased is 11 November 2013.
              thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewing View Post
                Thank you pt2537.
                I recieved the mail just drop by our postman from last year, and I recieved a mail as well from this DCA with the same date on their paper (5 May 2013) to confirm that they are now the Data controller of my account. However after I ignoring most of their letters, I catch on my attentions from fews of their letter stating the date of purchased is 11 November 2013.
                thanks again.
                Interesting, has there been any internal assignments? 1st Credit do sell between their internal companies a lot, that may well be the reason for the discrepancies

Comment

Hi pt2537,
                  Please accept my apologise as I am totally exhausted and stress from last night, I review again the date and it was December 05, 2013 and not May 5, 2013 as I mentioned earlier. my apologise. normally banks wrote 5 December 2013 and not 05/12/2013, and again I review my Acknowledgment of service I submitted last May 2. and I tick both " Intend to defend all of this calaim" and "I intend to contest jurisdiction". I am not sure the impact and consequences of this matter. thank you for understanding.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    I am confuse about these statement: "A NOA can be sent by the original creditor and or the debt purchaser, there is no basis in your theory that a debt purchaser can just 'write' a NOA, many creditors authorise a DP/DCA to use their own template NOAs." Is it means if i put on my defence it will become invalid, if I insist it must be recorded and should be from original creditor? many thanks for any reply.

Comment

The fact remains that if the Notice of Assignment given to you is after the date they commenced action, their claim should fail

However, a Notice of Assignment is all very well, but the way I understand it even if they overcome this issue, you could still compel them to produce the actual DEED of assignment in court (the document that shows the purchase and full legal assignment of your debt from the original (or previous) creditor to their company

Without this, they have no right to sue, unless the original/previous creditor joined the legal action

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                        The fact remains that if the Notice of Assignment given to you is after the date they commenced action, their claim should fail

However, a Notice of Assignment is all very well, but the way I understand it even if they overcome this issue, you could still compel them to produce the actual DEED of assignment in court (the document that shows the purchase and full legal assignment of your debt from the original (or previous) creditor to their company

Without this, they have no right to sue, unless the original/previous creditor joined the legal action
                        I agree, if the notice is given after proceedings were launched. There is case law on this point too.

Comment

I think there is some confusion over the dates.

Does it come from the format of their dates ? ie 12/05/13 vs 05/12/13 ?

Need to suss out which one it is for certain.

If they are a UK company they will use the format DD/MM/YY as opposed to the US version of MM/DD/YY.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                            I agree, if the notice is given after proceedings were launched. There is case law on this point too.
                            PT, just for clarity, do you agree about the right to ask them to show the deed of assignment in court to prove they have legal title?

Comment

"I think there is some confusion over the dates. Does it come from the format of their dates ? ie 12/05/13 vs 05/12/13 ? Need to suss out which one it is for certain."
                              I am also confused the way the dates the DCA reproduced NoA and their Account Assignment earlier on my post, I am certain it is 5 December 2013 and the date purchased is 18 November 2013. My presumption is maybe possibly they bought my debt as I found on my Noddle credit history it is now 1st Credit, which is two months ago it was from Lloyds Bank. and also they put defaults from March and April 2014.
                              I check on Royal Mail and they both (DCA& their Solicitos) recieved the letter last Tuesday. Can I send a chase letter again for follow up? or just wait until 7 days past and send my defence and N244 at the same time?
                              many thanks for any advice.

Comment

Any chance you can upload a piccie of the docs you got ? (take off your address etc)
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X