• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this statute barred.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this statute barred.

Another DCA on my case again. I will keep it as brief as possible.

Original debt date April 1995.
    It was then some years later included into a Administration order (date unknown).
    Administration order paid in full on Feb 2005.
    3 years later DCA first contact March 2008. I reply with a CCA request and they disappear off the planet.
    4 years after that a different DCA second letter July 2012. I remind them that Im still waiting for my CCA request and they disappear.
    Last week another DCA makes contact stating debt is being passed to another DCA. Sent letter today explaining the situation.

But Im just wondering if this is statute barred.
    Tags: None

Re: Is this statute barred.

Hi and welcome

Originally posted by gypo View Post
    Another DCA on my case again. I will keep it as brief as possible.

Original debt date April 1995.
    It was then some years later included into a Administration order (date unknown).
    Administration order paid in full on Feb 2005.

3 years later DCA first contact March 2008. I reply with a CCA request and they disappear off the planet.
    4 years after that a different DCA second letter July 2012. I remind them that Im still waiting for my CCA request and they disappear.
    Last week another DCA makes contact stating debt is being passed to another DCA. Sent letter today explaining the situation.

But Im just wondering if this is statute barred.
    If this debt was included into an AO and the AO was paid in full, that should be the end of it, it's paid off. Statute barred means the debt is still outstanding but not recoverable through the courts.

Have you got any paperwork about your admin order?

Comment

Re: Is this statute barred.

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Hi and welcome

If this debt was included into an AO and the AO was paid in full, that should be the end of it, it's paid off. Statute barred means the debt is still outstanding but not recoverable through the courts.

Have you got any paperwork about your admin order?
      At this moment in time they are chasing something that I cant prove is paid. TBH I am presuming that this particular debt of £57 was included in the AO, if not, that's why I mentioned statute barred.

I will wait to see what comes back from them and if required I will have to get in touch with the Court to see if they have the list of what companies/amounts were included in the AO. I have no paperwork about AO, only the case number and receipt for full payment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X