• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HCEO potential visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCEO potential visit

I have had a letter from an HCEO (dated 09/04/14) giving notice to pay a debt belonging to a Ltd Co (i am director) that has ceased trading (broke) and awaitng strike off at CH. The deadline to pay or make arrangement was 22/04/14. We have written (recorded del) to the HCEO with copies of accounts and a Stat Declaration (signed by local solicitor) that the items in the house (the co reg address) are all owned by me & my wife and not the Ltd Co. We have had no correspondence from the HCEO. My question is .... Should I do any more and do they have to given any further notice of attendance? Thanks.
    J

Re: HCEO potential visit

I would guess they will still attend to see for themselves you are telling the truth. If there are any vehicles outside they will be fair game for seizure - I would suggest you have copies of ownership available to counter this. As he will be attending a residential address he has no automatic right of entry and you are fully within your rights to deny him entry. He will have no option but to return the Writ to the Judgment Creditor.

Comment

David Carter CEO from the Sheriffs Office, claims on his website that:

The HCEO or Certificated Bailiff can seize a wide range of goods including but not limited to:
      • Vehicles, Boats and Aeroplanes
      • Stock and Machinery
      • Household Furniture
      • Jewellery and Art
      • Money, bank notes and promissory notes (cheques)
      • Bonds, shares and deeds
      • Livestock and animals
      • Firearms
      • Jointly owned property (i.e. goods owned by a married couple)
      • Items held by the police
      • Goods on finance (providing sale is agreed by the finance company)

Comment

Did you give any personal guarantees over this debt?

Comment

Originally posted by ross2806 View Post
          David Carter CEO from the Sheriffs Office, claims on his website that:

The HCEO or Certificated Bailiff can seize a wide range of goods including but not limited to:
          • Vehicles, Boats and Aeroplanes
          • Stock and Machinery
          • Household Furniture
          • Jewellery and Art
          • Money, bank notes and promissory notes (cheques)
          • Bonds, shares and deeds
          • Livestock and animals
          • Firearms
          • Jointly owned property (i.e. goods owned by a married couple)
          • Items held by the police
          • Goods on finance (providing sale is agreed by the finance company)
          This thread is approaching 2 years old nothing has been posted since April 2014.

nem

Comment

Hi Debt Camel,
            Thanks for the reply.

No, i never knew about it until yesterday when i received a letter of enforcement. The debt is for fees from a company called Brunel Franklin for mis sold PPi on a no win no fee basis.....I never received a penny so natrually assumed no fee was eligible. The CCJ they issued was at my previous address in 2013 but i had moved house before it was issued. The first i knew was yesterday when the said CCJ from Brunel had been upgraded to High Court.

Comment

I have been considering applying for an Administration order through the County Court just to stop any action

Comment

Do your total debts, not just this one, come to less than £5k? Administration Orders work well if you meet all the criteria: http://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options/...tration-order/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X