Thread: Are you losing sleep over tax?

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Are you losing sleep over tax?

Award-winning programme-maker, Tiger Aspect Productions, is producing a documentary series on tax and we would like to speak to anyone with an ongoing tax problem.

Filmed over the course of 2014, the series will follow people as they try to deal with a broad range of tax issues. Whether you’re a plumber struggling to pay income tax, a small-business owner trying to balance the books, an IT contractor who has taken part in a tax planning scheme, or maybe you’ve been hit by a working tax credit overpayment claim, we would like to hear your story.

Please contact Ruth Newton on ruthnewton@tigeraspect.co.uk or 0208 222 4891 for more information.

All conversations are off the record and confidential and don’t oblige you to take part in the series.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 29th April 2014 at 10:10:AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Default Re: Are you losing sleep over tax?

I have spoken with Ruth and the basic format will be a 3 part series for Channel 4 9pm slot (so prime time) following the inner workings of HMRC.

We are looking for people who have or have had issues with HMRC on any Tax affairs whether it be to do with Business (VAT, Corporation TAX etc) or Personal ( PAYE, Working Tax Credits, etc) if you or anyone you know would like to contribute then please get in touch.

Tiger Aspect have done some good pieces in the past, some of which can be seen here http://www.tigeraspect.co.uk/
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Mentioned
    1378 Post(s)

How set are the programme makers on the area ? As that could seriously limit responses.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

****If you upload documents to your thread, please ensure you have redacted any personal data FIRST***

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors and Legal Services Providers offering fixed fees on our sister site - LBcompare.co.uk

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

I have asked the question and Ruth has said that at this stage they are open to hearing any types of Tax issues in any area of the country.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Maybe they could decipher the new rules on old overpayments as in the instance of the one on here form 15 yrs ago

​​​​

https://www.carersuk.org/