Thread: Stat Demand from UK Solictor & Interim 2nd Charge on mh UK property from Dubai Debt!

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Stat Demand from UK Solictor & Interim 2nd Charge on mh UK property from Dubai Debt!

Dear All

I am a UK property owner who also lost my job in Dubai in 2007.

The sad news is despite this being UAE international debt Coyle White Devine has filed a second charge again my title register although it doesn't tell me how much it is...

Any advice on how to deal with this please?

Bankrupty? Thete is not a huge amount of equity in my house...

Any one else had second charges please?

I have living in Europe for over two years and never saw any letters plus I think the process was automated through Northampton CC due to no response.

Thanks.

Inactive

Mentions
    141 Post(s)

Default Re: Stat Demand from UK Solictor & Interim 2nd Charge on mh UK property from Dubai De

Hi and welcome to LB!

Could you give us more details about this debt? You say they have a second charge on your property, have they also issued you with a SD? Normally securing the debt on a property is a way to stop bankruptcy.

Celestine has a lot of experience with SDs, :yo: you may want to look at this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE

Could you give us more information about this debt? Was it incurred in Dubai in the first place?

When did you receive the SD?

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Stat Demand from UK Solictor & Interim 2nd Charge on mh UK property from Dubai De

Sure thing..

The debt is from Dubai EmiratesNBD from 2007.
    The Interim charge is from November 2013 on my deeds. I can PM the copy if you like. I only just noticed it.
    I have not received any post because I have been in Europe for 2 years so was a shock.
    I think the UK solicitor acting on behalf of the UAE banks.
    I was advised on getting it set aside but I need more advice on what defence? Juristiction or non-receipt, knowledge of any debt.
    Any help Celestine can offer would be amazing or a no win no fee basis because I can't afford to pay for a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingParrot View Post
    Hi and welcome to LB!

Could you give us more details about this debt? You say they have a second charge on your property, have they also issued you with a SD? Normally securing the debt on a property is a way to stop bankruptcy.

Celestine has a lot of experience with SDs, :yo: you may want to look at this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE

Could you give us more information about this debt? Was it incurred in Dubai in the first place?

When did you receive the SD?

Site Owner

Mentions
    143 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by layercake1 View Post
    Any help Celestine can offer would be amazing or a no win no fee basis because I can't afford to pay for a lawyer.
    I'm not sure that Kate (Celestine) could help as it sounds like the debt is foreign and may not be covered by the Consumer Credit Act. You should email at the Howlett Clarke address in her signature with the details and link to this thread. She's not in the office until Tuesday but I'm sure she can let you know if she can help.

I like your pin shot
    I keep it with your letter
    Done up in blueprint blue
    It sure looks good on you
    And when you smile for the camera
    I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D
    It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks I will email Kate tomorrow.

I will keep this post updated.

Anyone had an Dubai debt issues here please reply?

Quote Originally Posted by EXC View Post
    I'm not sure that Kate (Celestine) could help as it sounds like the debt is foreign and may not be covered by the Consumer Credit Act. You should email at the Howlett Clarke address in her signature with the details and link to this thread. She's not in the office until Tuesday but I'm sure she can let you know if she can help.

Site Owner

Mentions
    189 Post(s)

I'm afraid these Dubai debts are enforceable in the UK and sadly there will be little we can do to assist legally as we are untrained in Dubai law.

A few people approached Paul Tilley and myself at Howlett Clarke recently. Being unsure of their legitimacy, Paul had a barrister take a look, who came back with the opinion that they were enforceable in a UK court.

I'll alert PT to this thread and hopefully he can summarise better that I, as he has been looking into this.
    :beagle:
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

LB Team Member

Mentions
    299 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
    I'm afraid these Dubai debts are enforceable in the UK and sadly there will be little we can do to assist legally as we are untrained in Dubai law.

A few people approached Paul Tilley and myself at Howlett Clarke recently. Being unsure of their legitimacy, Paul had a barrister take a look, who came back with the opinion that they were enforceable in a UK court.

I'll alert PT to this thread and hopefully he can summarise better that I, as he has been looking into this.
    Indeed t hats correct.

This was something i wasnt sure of, so we had counsel take a look and the view which came back was that the case would face extreme difficulties, and would be in all probability unsuccessful.

This is of course only what counsel told us but on the basis of counsels view, this type of case is something that would not be taken on a no win no fee due to the high risks of failure.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys.
    Thank you for your update on this.

Inactive

Mentions
    141 Post(s)

I shall ask someone who's been living in Dubai for 10 years to take a look to see if there's something they can suggest. :grin:

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks FP...If your can ask your Dubai friend that would be awesome.
    Let me know how you get on... :-)

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by layercake1 View Post
    Thanks FP...If your can ask your Dubai friend that would be awesome.
    Let me know how you get on... :-)

Hello. I have a lot to say on this subject as I left Dubai 2 years ago with unfortunate circumstances and a debt of £70K plus. I did the right thing in contacting the banks and I started to pay what I could. This was until the research I did came true when collection agencies in dubai break all laws possible to try and recover debt. Really I cannot explain what they do but it is inhumane and I have all the evidence.

I waited as as I heard from several people about CWD and they low and behold I got the email from CWD about a credit card debt from a bank which ey are chasing even though I had been in touch. I don't mind this as they have to egg there money but my question is this.

If they can enforce this debt in the UK from a UAE bank under a treaty which was drawn up a few years ago and action a CCJ and charge against people's property then surely the rules have to also stand for the laws that are broken from banks and collection agencies in dubai also. Personally I think CWD have jumped on a band wagon here making money and I think it is unfair. Yes we have to pay our debt back but this was in dubai and not here in the UK and because nobody knows what to do and they have no defence then CWD are into a winner.

I am am currently receiving assistance on the matter from a friend who is a top lawyer because I think if they can take me to Northampton court then surely they have to take into consideration the abuse I have received over the 2 years. My next step would be tk go to the court if human rights because they have been breached.

To to give you an idea they embarrassed me in my work and it was not nice just luckily my work place understand.

Please let let me mow if you wish to speak more in detail and as much as we can help each other against CWD it would be great as currently nobody has any idea bout the debt in dubai

rgaine@yahoo.co.uk