• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Fraudulent accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Fraudulent accounts

Originally posted by bigbigproblems View Post
    OKAY - small update. Emailed the CEO of O2 again stating that I still had not recieved my deadlock letter as promised. Basically pointing out again that they have failed to do what they have said. Got a call today from someone, demanding that I send them copies of my recordings... And that they will not file a defence again until I do this! She was very rude, and kept telling me what the judge would think and would do. She clearly didn't realise that I have been doing a fair bit of reading on this topic.

It ended with her saying she would send it to me in writing as I was not playing to her tune.

However... I have just got an email from Lowell saying they are closing the accounts and removing the defaults. They claim that it's because they don't have time to look into it... And that they and O2 are not accepting fault here.

So I'm 2 down and 1 to go. Annoyingly I've today found out I'm redundant so I'm in no mood to celebrate.
    Sorry to hear about the redundancy but still well done getting Lowells to bog off on two of those and clearing them off your credit file.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Help with Fraudulent accounts

Thanks Amethyst. My gardening leave has allowed me to move on with this a bit.

Another update. Just spoken to Cabot - and they have said they are removing the final default and will close it all down. They have promised to not sell the debt and therefore it seems like this nightmare is over...

I know I will get crucified for saying this - but the DCA's were actually really reasonable in the end. They have taken the sensible decision to sort the problem out, which O2 never wanted to do. I honestly expected that O2 would sort this out, and instead the DCA's have done it. My advice to anyone who reads this or see's it and who has the same problems, is to stay calm and call the companies in a reasonable way. I know that the advice is to never speakon the phone to them, however actually doing this has worked for me (the only caveat for that is my current day job involves a lot of calling to professional people, so I have software on my phone to record it and I also have experience of how to get conversations going in the direction I want and not get sidelined).

I'm now left in another tricky situation - the court claimed I filed against O2 will need to be sorted out. It was never about making money, I just wanted to be able to move on with my life and get a mortgage. But it does sting in the mouth that O2 never even looked into this. It also stings a little now that I've thrown £60 away. O2 have also failed to send me the letters again as promised, I get the feeling that they as a company have really disdain for the average human being, and use their size and power to bully and get their own way.

But thanks for all the support guys. If anyone is in a similar situation I'm more than happy to detail exactly what I went though to get all 3 defaults removed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X