• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer clarke solicitors marlin dept recovery claim northhampton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer clarke solicitors marlin dept recovery claim northhampton

Hi need help ASAP had a county court claim from the above Dated 17 -April 2014
    particulars of claim
    by a agreement between Marks & Spencer financial services plc & and the defendant on or around 01/07/1998 ? m&s agreed to loan the defendant monies under the terms & conditions the Defendant did not pay instalments as they fell and the agreement terminated

the agreement was was assigned to the claimant on 15/02/2013
    the claimant therefore claims £477.91 interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984 namely £460 .89 and continuing until judgement amount claimed £938.80 court fee 55 solicitors-cost £ 70

i remember taking out this loan in 1998 but don't even remember the amount in total that it was or loan number and i sure i default and ccj for it in 2001 what do i do ?
    thanks paul
    t
    how do i contest this
    Tags: None

Re: Mortimer clarke solicitors marlin dept recovery claim northhampton

Sounds to me as though it would be well statute barred - the cause of action was over 6 years ago and you haven;t acknowledged or made a payment in that time at all since what 2001? If you did have a default in 2001 it would have fallen off your credit file by now so worth having a look on there to see if anything new has been added since Marlins took it over.

I think you would be quite safe to put in a simple Statute Barred defence in response.

You should still ask for a copy of the original agreement under the consumer credit act http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement but I don't think you need get any more involved than that.

So defence might be something like

It is admitted that the Defendant had a loan agreement with Marks and Spencers from around 1998 which terminated in 2001. There has been no contact regarding this loan within at least the last six years and accordingly the debt is statute barred by virtue of Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind, in denied.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thank you no loan ref was attached to it and no default no ccj on credit file or default were did they get it from ? they don't even know they exact date do i need to ask them for original paper work from m and s ? thanks paul

Comment

Defense and counter claim n9b court Claim to county court ? what do i put in it

it is admitted that the Defendant had a loan agreement with Marks and Spencer from around 1998 which terminated in 2001. There has been no contact regarding this loan within at least the last six years and accordingly the debt is statute barred by virtue of Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind, in denied.

there is no details when this defaulted or when it was wrote off i don't even remember the total loan amount

has any one done this defense before the loan was taken out in 1998 16 years ago

Mortimer clark are chasing it

Comment

Re: Defense and counter claim n9b court Claim to county court ? what do i put i

You're not counterclaiming. Do you want me to merge this to your main thread or are you just gauging other opinion on the SB defence?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

will post reply off Friday court claim dated 17 April

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              You're not counterclaiming. Do you want me to merge this to your main thread or are you just gauging other opinion on the SB defence?
              i want to send the form of to court the defence how to fill form in

ie do you dispute this claim because i have already paid it ?

Comment

N9B

1. Tick - I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.

2. Tick - NO

3. Write your defence in there.

4. Leave blank

5. Sign / Date etc
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

thank you will post off with you reply over the debt thank you so much
                  i have sent two letters off to marlin and mortimer with one pound postal order for details of my credit agreement with m and s

Comment

no probs, I'll merge your threads so everythings kept together.

Let us know when you hear back - the claimants basically have 28 days to decide whether they wish to continue, then if they do, you will receive a directions questionnaire from the court to transfer the claim to your local hearing centre.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Marlin financial services old debt surfaced yorkshire bank ? ?

Received a letter today from Marlin because i have a county court claim against me for Marks and Spencer this is what they sent back

creditor MCE PORTFOLIO LIMITED

ORIGINAL CREDITOR CLYDESDALE BANK PLC TA YORKSHIRE BANK

ORIGINAL REF XXXXXX

We write to confirm your letter received in our office on 24 April 2014 and confirm we do not hold all your information on file

we have requested a copy of the agreement from the original creditor Clydesdale bank plc ta Yorkshire bank and we will forward to you on receipt
                      please find copy of your original statement of account from ORIGINAL CREDITOR along with a copy of your Marlin financial services account ?

they have shown me payments going to Jeremy Sutcliffe was in debt plan DCM APEX

looking at the sheet a number showing 100408 write off abandon large 3566.66

then a payment date 30/09/2009 help marlin ref xxxxx

i know i had a ccj and default against this when i checked my credit file 3 years ago now clean

thanks paul

Comment

Well that's confused me.

Any chance you can scan / photograph the letter (cover up your address/account number).

The claim is for a debt of around £500 for a M&S Loan.

The CLydesdale account was 'written off' at £3.5k.

So if they are the same? I'm sure you'd recall paying £3k off of it.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

yes they should have sent the marks and Spencer one

i found Avery mouldy order suspending warrant judgement for this dated the paper work is so rotten i can barely make it out dated 28th june 206 and he court being satisfied that the defendant mr x is unable o pay and discharge the sum payable him Liverpool county court had the case no xxx warrant no but no claimants ref of defendant ref

i can make out at bottom n41 saying payments £20 a month

will scan the paper work later for you borrowing a camera phone to use

Comment

Re: Marlin financial services old debt surfaced yorkshire bank ? ?

the have the Yorkshire and Clydesdale bank £3500
                            and Marks and Spencer

yes its confusing thank you so much for your help Paul

Comment

hiow do i attach files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X