• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Overdraft PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Overdraft PPI

Hello,

When looking at my online statement i noticed an Overdraft PPI of £11.76 which i have certainly not had before, I do wonder how long this has been on for.,

Ill admit that i have been living in an overdrawn account but has always been within the limit, .

I wish to have this cancelled and certainly make a claim.
    Ive read some notes of points in this thread and not quite sure what letter point to put,
    Ie, im not self employed and have always worked full time.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quasar
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays Overdraft PPI

Hi there

Contact them or call into your local branch and ask them how long have you been paying PPI for the PPI.

I would not go into details about your going to make a reclaim of this, but only ask them the above question, or email them, when it comes to the complaint (once you know), then just write a basic letter and tell them you have only recently became aware of the ppi on the OD that you never realised until now, and as you never asked for it, its costing you more - as for such going into the OD where your also paying more charges for the OD. Ask them to refund all the payment made and any interest etc....

Do also wait for other opinions on this one though, i am not used to dealing with issues in regards of OD PPI.
    No harm in asking though how long you have been paying for this, it soon adds up over time.

Comment

thank you - will keep you all posted

Comment

Claimed back £1,600 from Barclays for Overdraft Protection fees going back 9 years !
        Did not ask for this Overdraft PPI they just applied the charges on to my account.
        Sent claim to Barclays and within 6 weeks payment was in my account.

Comment

awesome,,, any chance i could see you claim letter you wrote - obvisoulsy erase personal bits

Comment

Hello,

I was in the same situation had Overdraft PPI on my account since 1999. It was pointed out to me by a customer service advisor when I had called Barclays regarding another matter. They put me through to their complaints department and I made my complaint over the phone. Two months later the refunded me £1200. Only to receive a letter today (just posted a new thread) that the calculations refunded was a mistake as they did not take in account the fees and interest charged on my overdraft due to PPI and sent me an extra 3k.
            I lived off my overdraft so a lot of fees where charged, unfortunately never kept any records......so anything extra is a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightRider View Post
              Hello,

I was in the same situation had Overdraft PPI on my account since 1999. It was pointed out to me by a customer service advisor when I had called Barclays regarding another matter. They put me through to their complaints department and I made my complaint over the phone. Two months later the refunded me £1200. Only to receive a letter today (just posted a new thread) that the calculations refunded was a mistake as they did not take in account the fees and interest charged on my overdraft due to PPI and sent me an extra 3k.
              I lived off my overdraft so a lot of fees where charged, unfortunately never kept any records......so anything extra is a blessing.
              Any chance KR that you could scan in a copy of the letter they sent you ? Be quite nice to do a brief article on this in case others are receiving similar.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Any chance KR that you could scan in a copy of the letter they sent you ? Be quite nice to do a brief article on this in case others are receiving similar.

hello, how can I post the attachments?....:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Originally posted by KnightRider View Post
                  hello, how can I post the attachments?....:tinysmile_aha_t:
                  http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...)&goto=newpost

If it comes up blank then your file is too big.... if that's the case and you don't know how to reduce it you can email it to me admin@legalbeagles.info and I'll fix it for you xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Went on holiday last week and needed to check the bank account and though - ey-up why am i 3k up.
                    Got back to holiday hotel, fired up laptop and checked statement,

Barclays Refunded me £3,374 for the overdraft PPI -

oh yeah baby

booked another holiday to Puerto Rico - Gran Canaria with that with the missus

Comment

Awww congratulations, great news - have a...nother....lovely holiday xxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

hello, i have just noticed that i am being charged for overdraft ppi and have never noticed it before. I'm also paying for an additions account yet when i contacted barclays online service about this all they wanted to know was did i want to cancel my account. I have lived abroad either through BFPO addresses and for the past 8 years in cyprus. i have never used any of the so called advantages (because I'm not in the UK) and then the girl on the chat line told me that you had to be a uk resident! can anyone tell me whether i should just write to barclays and ask why they are giving me this account and seeing as i can't use any benefits why is it still allocated to me. Barclays have known since 1996 i haven't lived in the UK yet they're still charging me for things i don't recall ever asking for. any advice would be greatly received. many thanks

Comment

Hi all. I have been reading this conversation and thanks to you, I managed to claim my PPI myself. Although I am very grateful, I wanna check if the amount I got seems right to everyone. I was told that I have been paying overdraft for 17 years on my overdraft (£8 a month). I claimed my PPI on Monday this week and got a refund today for £3143. Does that sound fair to anyone who made claim before ? Thanks
                          Last edited by Sandyas; 12th June 2015, 08:02:AM. Reason: Mistake/not finished

Comment

Hi and well done

its probably less that the true amount if you had all the paperwork and calculated it yourself to the tee, but with barclays i find, its not that much less.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
                              Hi and well done

its probably less that the true amount if you had all the paperwork and calculated it yourself to the tee, but with barclays i find, its not that much less.
                              Actually they corrected and said au had been paying for 8 years so the amount is correct! Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X