• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I use a solicitor in a fast track money claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I use a solicitor in a fast track money claim?

Thank you very much for the info re forms.

Comment

Hi I have downloaded the N244 so I can apply to amend the particulars of claim. However I also need to remove some letters from the defendant that were marked "without prejudice" that I sent in the bundle of evidence. In box 3 I propose asking for acceptance of re-submission of evidence and particulars of claim because 1) I stated the defendants trading name incorrectly 2) WP correspondence was inadvertently included in the bundle of evidence 3) reference to WP negotiations made in Particulars of Claim. Does this sound ok please?
      Last edited by Harassed63; 25th April 2014, 13:02:PM.

Comment

Hi - I asked a solicitor for help with the N244. He is pretty certain the defendant, who he knows from previous experience as having a policy of defending everything, will take it to the wire but settle out of court. If this is the case could someone tell me what the approximate figure is I will have spent on bringing the claim. It's a fast track claim and I forgot to ask the solicitor. I've paid the initial fee to lodge the claim and an additional £155 for the N244. There's no fee for returning the directions questionnaire which I'm sending tomorrow but I don't know what else I will have to pay assuming they settle.

Comment

Hi - I have agreed directions with the defendant for one months stay for mediation. I rang the court the case has been transferred to see if I could hand deliver the N181 and they mentioned a Case Management Conference was going to be arranged. After they recieved the N181 I received notice of the CMC ( to consider the request for a stay) to be held next month. The defendant wants me to sign a consent order for the CMC to be vacated because we have already agreed to mediation. I have read that the Judge has the power to give summary judgement at a CMC. I'm assuming he will have sight of all my evidence which is substantial. One piece in particular is an email I was copied into between two employees of the defendant in which it is stated "xxxxx xxxxxxxx will be doing the interiors, she will furnish me with her choices for upgrades to kitchens, floorings etc". I can't see how they have any reasonable chance of winning the case because of this. Is it possible that the case could be thrown out at the CMC please?

Comment

The link below sets out a court's powers in a CMC:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...l/rules/part03

Comment

Thank you Wombats. I've read the link and see that the Judge has the power to make a summary judgement. Am wondering if that's a distinct possibility as they had decided on a CMC before I submitted the N181 that mentioned our agreement for mediation. Just seems odd that the stated reason for the CMC is to consider the request for a stay when they know one has already been agreed. Are cases like this often thrown out at this stage? That's my hope as this is very stressful for me even though I know I have definitive evidence that they breached the contract.

Comment

How are you getting on with this?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X