• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pension Credit trying to claim money from 10yrs ago.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension Credit trying to claim money from 10yrs ago.

:beagle:Hi to every one.
    Could anybody help with this issue. My husband lost his job this was 10yrs ago and they put him on Jobseeker's Allowance, he was 59 yrs the time. Then he was told he would probably never get another job and he would be better of on Pension Credit and sent a gentleman from DWP to see him. My husband explained our circumstances and the gentleman from the DWP filled out the form. Within 3 months my husband had got a job, he informed Pension Credit straight away. Out of the blue 3yrs later they sent a letter saying he owed them over£2000 pounds, he rang them explained heard nothing more till now making that nearly 10yrs ago. He rang them and they stated they had issue for the last 7yrs and they are just now sorting things out. Any help in this matter would be most appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Pension Credit trying to claim money from 10yrs ago.

Is there any written evidence from the DWP they must have sent letters concerning this DWP put everything in writing from experience we know this from a file full of DWP letters from about 5 years ago.
    If you owe the money they with new rules that came in this month get it back you must ask them for proof unlikely they make things up .Get the info from them

Comment

Information about overpayments

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/cop26.pdf

Comment

You may also consider reading here

Are you losing sleep over working tax credit overpayment ?

It also applies to Pension Credits
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I became interested in this site as my deceased Aunt who passed away in mid June of this year and is being investigated over pension credit payments she received between Early December 2006 until she passed away mid June 2014. At that time a member called Justjean was fighting a similar battle over his mother's estate and was ping ponging with letters that were taking an enternity then to get replies from the Pension Service. How did they get on? It was around 2012. My Aunt was in an assessed period all of the time and the fact you don't have to tell them of your finances, it's all rather confusing. She was 85 when she took it out and 93 when she passed away. I have a record of all her payments and it is around £12,000. It has been over a monthe since I sent the forms off and I await with trepidation their findings.

Comment

[MENTION=55700]Bigbee698[/MENTION] Their threads can be found here

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-from-Estates

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...redit-overpaid
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I don't even know where to begin! My mother passed away just before Christmas last year, she was 84 and her health hadn't been good for a number of years.
              Everything went through probate, shortly after that, I was contacted by DWP telling me that they believed my mother had been overpaid pension credit.
              I contacted them and apparently, her PC began in 2005. I'm not sure now, how
              she qualified or even how the application came about.
              I asked them in February this year to check who applied for this, are there forms to verify the application etc. Needless to say they didn't get back to me.
              In the meantime, I sent them what they requested, info on investment/unit trusts and bank account details.
              Yesterday, I received another letter asking for more information, i.e. more bank statements, especially 05/2005 and 05/2010.
              They are also asking where the funds came from that my mother had in investment/unit trusts. ( she inherited this when my father passed away 40 odd years ago)
              Today I phoned DWP and asked if they had tracked down any application for my mother's PC, they told me that no application had been found and asked me to call the pension department.
              Apparently, there were 2 ways to apply, form filling (my mother wouldn't have coped with that, or via phone call)
              I've been reading articles online re PC and it seems that not everyone is assessed. I know for sure my mother never had an assessment during the years she received PC. Is PC something that is automatically given when a person reaches a certain age?
              My last words today to the pension department, was to check back to 2005 and at least show me something on how this all came about.

Comment

On many occasions be it a good or a bad call social workers or health carers are involved in applications as are CAB.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X